MF362 2wd modification

trouble was the straight axle bar gets cought up with the main holding pin so it had to be cut in the middle & glued to keep the axle bar from coming off ::)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

so you would have to hack away  the under bonnet on the chassis

to make a shortend 595 bonnet and get this you dont have to have the cab fit over the bonnet as the end of the bonnet would meet up with the front of the cab  :'( ;)

i dont see why not sean , here's all the nasty stiff underneath it all in the end i used nails ,as i didn't want to cut an axle bar, so thes will stay on here permanent but i can of course swap the axle on another 300 series if i want . i also turned the axle to face the other way & gained 3 - 4 mm to get a shorter wheelbase  :)

could be worth  A TRY MATE SEE HOW SHE LOOKS,COULD USE THAT ONE AS A TESTER BEFORE YOU CUT UP ANOTHER EH

can't afford to cut another up sean , i got none spare anyway , if this had gone wrong , i'd of had to ask my mate to send on another 362 axle with the 2wd i hope he's going to send :D;)

i think you like two wheel drive tractor mjb  ;):D

when i was a lad , finding seeing a 4wd tractor was a rareity , see nothing but now, i learned how to pough with a 2wd tractor & was taught how to use the 'ferguson pressure control' properly , no need for a 4wd back then , i used to plough with a 575 or a 590 2wd with a ransomes tsr 300 3 furrow, reverseable , ,no hydraulic turn over then , just a lever to pull out the back window , & when the trip mechenism stoped working you'd have to pull the lever ,the get out of the cab & swing on the rear furrows to get it to turn over  :-\ bloody thing :D & at night because of the trip lever , i ploughed with the back window open , & with the two spot lamps bazing away the cab used to fill up with moths & miges  :( :(

oh yeah & there wasn't any radio 1 FM ,it was all 275-285 medium wave , crackle & hiss  that used to go off at midnight  :D :D

can't afford to cut another up sean , i got none spare anyway , if this had gone wrong , i'd of had to ask my mate to send on another 362 axle with the 2wd i hope he's going to send :D;)

when i was a lad , finding seeing a 4wd tractor was a rareity , see nothing but now, i learned how to pough with a 2wd tractor & was taught how to use the 'ferguson pressure control' properly , no need for a 4wd back then , i used to plough with a 575 or a 590 2wd with a ransomes tsr 300 3 furrow, reverseable , ,no hydraulic turn over then , just a lever to pull out the back window , & when the trip mechenism stoped working you'd have to pull the lever ,the get out of the cab & swing on the rear furrows to get it to turn over  :-\ bloody thing :D & at night because of the trip lever , i ploughed with the back window open , & with the two spot lamps bazing away the cab used to fill up with moths & miges  :( :(

oh yeah & there wasn't any radio 1 FM ,it was all 275-285 medium wave , crackle & hiss  that used to go off at midnight  :D :D

well i can add one anyway,got lots,is it the same type for the pin or stud and plastic cap fitting mate,think it is but will make sure before i send them

Looks well Marcus... I loved the description of how things were back then.... was the same for me too working for MF in the early 80's... 4wd was a rare beast..

And as for 275-285... BBC radio one as the jingle went... and what about our tune with Simon Bates... that music still makes me want to cry  :'( :D :D :D :D :D

Looks well Marcus... I loved the description of how things were back then.... was the same for me too working for MF in the early 80's... 4wd was a rare beast..

And as for 275-285... BBC radio one as the jingle went... and what about our tune with Simon Bates... that music still makes me want to cry  :'( :D :D :D :D :D

you're a soft touch marky  :D :D

trying to think what the line up would have been back then ?

0500 adrian john

0700 either mike read or mike smith

1000 simon bates

? ? ?

3pm steve wright

530 pm nicky campbell

can't remember anymore ?

you're a soft touch marky  :D :D

trying to think what the line up would have been back then ?

0500 adrian john

0700 either mike read or mike smith

1000 simon bates

? ? ?

3pm steve wright

530 pm nicky campbell

can't remember anymore ?

did he used to do the arnie terminator thing ??? ??? :-\

did he used to do the arnie terminator thing ??? ??? :-\

yeah ARNIE & THE TERMINATORS  :D :D :D i STILL got that on tape & remember seeing them on top of the pops  :D :D

that & MR SPOONS , & DIAMOND GEEZER , DAVE DOUBLE-DECKS, GERVAISE THE HAIRDRESSER, MR ANGRY, THE DELIVERY GUY, & OF COURSE THE GEESE  :D :D :D :D

GET THE GEESE OFF !

steve used to do loads of gigs for young farmers do's & was a regular visitor to the palace /madisons night club in crewkerne when young farmers had booked him the place used to be heaving .

met him a few times now & even bumped into him the bar at a friends wedding  :)

hows this for memory

730 am simon mayo

900 am simon bates

1230 after news beat gary davis

300 pm 530pm  steve wright in the afternoon

heres some sketches off wrightys show

http://www.tvradiobits.co.uk/radio/stevewright.htm

or this

http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/steve_wright_page.htm

i need to go out more or turn the radio off in the tractor cab