MF362 2wd modification

Found it at last!!! Nice little mod Marcus, nowt wrong with that at all. Any MF grey being added to the grill and rear wheels at all just to finish her off??

Be good on a slurry pump that would aswell, or with a Major topper like what Agrium makes.  :)

i think OLD FORD has a pic here with his major topper on a ford 6600 & he said the 66 was light on the front  & thats got a longer wheelbase & all metal, so the short 362 will definately dance

Looks well Marcus... I loved the description of how things were back then.... was the same for me too working for MF in the early 80's... 4wd was a rare beast..

back then as you'll remember marky a workshop to most farmers was a frivolous waste of a shed ,for most the'workshop' would have been a dissused stable fitted out with nothing but a 45 gal drum of oil , & a tool box of tools that dated back to the second world war,

donkey jackets of various sizes strewn all over the place ,

insecticides & weedkillers perched on the nearest available defunct dresser that had 1 useable door & the drawers filled with instruction manuals for how to shoe the horse,

always a collection of odd wellingtons that when gathered up wouldn't make a pair & still not thrown out , every conceveable size of drive belt & chains that didn't fit any of the machines on the farm,

grease guns that had more grease on them than in them,

a box of rusty broken cutterbar knife sections ,

5 hammer heads with no handles'

2 old packs of sizal twine ,

a collection of top links with the threads striped,

a pile of seized stableiser chains,

an old sythe hung on the back wall, covering a service chart for an international titan or the threashing machine ,

a brand new packet of shearbolts for the baler that always got moved to somewhere safe till they were needed & never found again, except to be moved to somewhere safe ,

and of course the good old saucy postcard from a sea-side resort, tucked behind the electrical wire that lead to the light switch

& to top it all the pigeons that roosted in the eaves sh!t on everything

Blimey having a shed with a full concrete floor was a luxury, it was usually just a few feet by the door way, the rest was aal packed dirt , or hardcore.  I can remember the 590 2wd being split for a clutch change on a concrete sugarbeet pad at the edge of a field , back then the fitters would be out in thewind & rain to get the job done

back then as you'll remember marky a workshop to most farmers was a frivolous waste of a shed ,for most the'workshop' would have been a dissused stable fitted out with nothing but a 45 gal drum of oil , & a tool box of tools that dated back to the second world war,

insecticides & weedkillers perched on the nearest available defunct dresser that had 1 useable door & the drawers filled with instruction manuals for how to shoe the horse,

always a collection of odd wellingtons that when gathered up wouldn't make a pair & still not thrown out , every conceveable size of drive belt & chains that didn't fit any of the machines on the farm,

an old sythe hung on the back wall, covering a service chart for an international titan or the threashing machine ,

a brand new packet of shearbolts for the baler that always got moved to somewhere safe till they were needed & never found again, except to be moved to somewhere safe ,

and of course the good old saucy postcard from a sea-side resort, tucked behind the electrical wire that lead to the light switch

Blimey having a shed with a full concrete floor was a luxury, it was usually just a few feet by the door way, the rest was aal packed dirt , or hardcore.  I can remember the 590 2wd being split for a clutch change on a concrete sugarbeet pad at the edge of a field , back then the fitters would be out in thewind & rain to get the job done

not like today eh,"we will send a lorry round to pick it up bring it back to the workshop" or "is it in  a barn?",

Superb post Marcus... I shut my eyes and I was there (and Ben came round and went through my wallett)... seriously though... just as I remember it all too

I spent many an hour outside splitting a 100 series to do the clutch... Funny how in the winter it only took 6 hours and in the summer it would go on for 2-3 days  :D :D :D