winterhay's new trimmer tractor

MJB1

not really enough of a change to put into the convo section , so i'll post it here  ;)

here's last years trimming tractor , 2wd 2640 also used for a bit of topwork when needed , but she'll probably go down to the stock unit  rather than sell her on , as she's a handy old bus to have around  :)

but she's getting on now & due for retirement , so have taken the decision to replace her with some thing a bit younger :)

a 2wd 6180 ,this will now be the farms hedge trimming tractor, other duties will basicly be the same as the the old lady's 

during the summer she may well find heself hauling alongside the combine or doing some of the baling round & conventional :)

i recon it's a smart little tractor  :) :) :)

or as we'd say round here PROPER JOB !

nice marcus,not going to cut much with the blades missing in thew orbital though are you eh  ;):D :D :D :D

Wicked Marcus... I just love both of those ladies.. come on lads lets see plenty more 2wd conversions like these...

Proper Job indeed  ;D

what do you want to see then marky mate ??

Have you done it yet Sean..  :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks mate... that will make my day week month year LIFE  ;)

Any pics needed just ask  ;)

ok mate will have a look for you when i get a chance ,won't be to long as i have just finished the 2 big orders i had,so back to a little spare time now

only seen a pic of a 2wd 6190 but i dere say like everything nowadays 4wd is a standard option

thats true mate,last new 2wd i saw was 3/4 years ago now,little nh tn 75 with front loader,wasn't one decent 2wd at the cornwall show from the big brands,only a kubator i think 

a local contractor always used to change 7 of his tractors at the same time (every 3 years) 5 were always all the same but 2 were 4wd and 3 were 2wd for carting, power harrowing etc. they were always masseys, 3095's then 6170's and lastly 6270's (i drive one of the 4wd 6270's now) then he changed his fleet policy, bigger tractors and gone from around 14 to just 5 all 4wd and a 2wd 6270 run about, they are still mf except the large fendt 930 for ploughing.

no one buys 2wds now as they are a special order and can cost more than the 4wd version cos of this.

Funny that back in the day 2wd were the main tractor for most and they still seemed to get there work done.My boss often says that for some carrot work he would much like the use of a 2wd tractor because you don't use the 4wd on a 4wd tractor for jobs like planting etc etc.