massey ferguson 550

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personaly  i think what britains did with the 595/590 bonet and cab marrying together is wrong

on the real ones the bonnet comes up a little higher so you could cut the bonnet to fit the cab marcus or buy a DT bonnet my 550 isnt perfect but I cut the bonnet to the cab

the biy you cut off can be used as the dash console if you cut it good enough

on the britains  masseys the front lower window cross member SHOULD  realy be coverd

by the shaped end of the bonnet  :-\

Nah , you know the problems i've had with the 300 series lately  ::):-\

i know what you mean nigel but it's a bit late to point that out to britains now  :D they can hardly get the tractors of today right let alone telling them of a mistake made 25 years ago  :D :D :-\

i was thinking of that myself tractorman ..What cutting tools did you use on the cab doors etc

as it must be thin and accurate... Im going to be looking out for unbranded massey farmtractors from now on also is there a spray can that looks like massey red and the silver to go with it ? ? ?

i was thinking of that myself tractorman ..What cutting tools did you use on the cab doors etc

as it must be thin and accurate... Im going to be looking out for unbranded massey farmtractors from now on also is there a spray can that looks like massey red and the silver to go with it ? ? ?

I've found Plastikote red is a good match  :-\ ???

Then everything I make looks pants anyway.. so what do I know  :-[:D :D

I've found Plastikote red is a good match  :-\ ???

Then everything I make looks pants anyway.. so what do I know  :-[:D :D

not so marky, i got 50 fantastic spud boxes & some pallets that are equally as good all form yer goodly self

oh yeah & some gates somewhere at your house  :D :D

not so marky, i got 50 fantastic spud boxes & some pallets that are equally as good all form yer goodly self

:-[ - me and post office queues just don't mix... when I post my first batch of Yellow tractors I'll get them sent... and you Rick.. and you Tris  :-[:-[

the cabs on the 550 and 575 were broken origonals ,these are a softish plastic so i used a very sharp hobby knife to cut them,still have the marks to prove it

as for the 590 thats a dt resin cab,infactall the body parts are repo on that, and i used a dremmel with a fine 1mm cutting disc,and a very steady hand,if you do try it out let me know as theres a tip to how you hing the door  and make sure you wear eye protection as the dremmel fine disc break very easy and fly all over the place

paint wise i only use authentic massey paint from my dealer down here,costs less thatn buying from halfords belive it or not 

the cabs on the 550 and 575 were broken origonals ,these are a softish plastic so i used a very sharp hobby knife to cut them,still have the marks to prove it

as for the 590 thats a dt resin cab,infactall the body parts are repo on that, and i used a dremmel with a fine 1mm cutting disc,and a very steady hand,if you do try it out let me know as theres a tip to how you hing the door  and make sure you wear eye protection as the dremmel fine disc break very easy and fly all over the place

paint wise i only use     authentic massey paint from my dealer down here,costs less thatn buying from halfords belive it or not 

can you buy it as a spray can ie a touch up paint I dont want to but i will if i have to and buy a

modelers spray gun

think there still there Marcus, i've seen them :D :D

it comes in 700ml spray cans mate,in all colours they also do  hand paint tins of it to, but spray cans work better for finish

that ok at least it will be the right make to match the colour

international red probebly wouldent look right on a massey but to me you see a particular shade of red is just red as im  colour blind  :'( :-[

• 1 month later...

OK I havent done much with my 550 for a while

it looks good but now ive dicided to give the cab and pannels a new lick of paint as it was repainted 4 yrs back to look like the split silver red cab

all i realy need is mirrors and i want to have a go at glazeing the cab sean if you havent gone could you give me any tips on cab glazeing and what glue to fix them in with

its not going to have the doors opening

and im hopeing to put it on ebay with another 595 or 575 havent dicided which tey also the 595-75 might be a hiway model just to generate some interest on ebay so i will need two sets of mirrors and an exhaust stack

ive got some proper 550 decals that sean suplied me (cheers)

its in the shead right now and just undergone the first layer of grey prime