• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"One little thing" Nashmach? "One little thing"? The Ferguson system was the most important development in the history of tractors. Fordson F indeed!  :D The Ferguson TE20 is the most important tractor of all time! FACT not OPINION.  :D

Sure, the Ferguson Brown Type A was the fist with the Ferguson system, but it was the TE20 that brought it to the masses. What did Ford or Fordson tractors ever come up with that could rival the importance of the inventions pioneered by MF (Ferguson system, multi-power, the list goes on...)? Blue paint?  :D :D :D

:D :D ;):)

"One little thing" Nashmach? "One little thing"? The Ferguson system was the most important development in the history of tractors. Fordson F indeed!  :D The Ferguson TE20 is the most important tractor of all time! FACT not OPINION.  :D

Sure, the Ferguson Brown Type A was the fist with the Ferguson system, but it was the TE20 that brought it to the masses. What did Ford or Fordson tractors ever come up with that could rival the importance of the inventions pioneered by MF (Ferguson system, multi-power, the list goes on...)? Blue paint?  :D :D :D

:D :D ;):)

the drawbar pin ? :D :D :D

Multi power - that heap of junk!

What did Ford/Fordson come up with??

The world's first mass produced tractor (F), the diesel engine which led to the eventual elimination of TVO (Diesel Major), tractors that helped Britain win the war (N), first (but sadly unsuccessful) powershift gearbox (6X), first popular turbo charged tractor (7000), dual power, the longest Q cab in production (Q/SQ cab), best sellers worldwide for years...................

Do I need to go on??  ;)

Multi power - that heap of junk!

What did Ford/Fordson come up with??

The world's first mass produced tractor (F), the diesel engine which led to the eventual elimination of TVO (Diesel Major), tractors that helped Britain win the war (N), first (but sadly unsuccessful) powershift gearbox (6X), first popular turbo charged tractor (7000), dual power, the longest Q cab in production (Q/SQ cab), best sellers worldwide for years...................

Do I need to go on??  ;)

only if you feel the need to justify yourself even more , but it does seem like yer enjoying yerself so carry on ,don't mind us  :D :D :D :D :D;)

CORRECTION NASHMACH: Fordson USED the diesel engine, they did not invent it. NONE of the INVENTIONS listed can rival the importance of the Ferguson System! So yes, please go on - you haven't come up with anything good enough yet! The Q-cab! - give me a break! :D;)

He forgot to say that he has a Fordson Major in his collection as well as the Ferguson  :D :D

Fordson made one of the best diesel engines around themselves -did Ferguson/MF make their own??

No

They couldn't and relied on a Standard and Perkins at least Ford had the guts to do it themselves. Q cab what would you know about it - ask anyone who had to spend 10 -12 hrs driving a tractor per day!

Oh no, Ferguson didn't invent the diesel engine either, but the point is that they invented the Ferguson system themselves and used it on their own tractors. Fordson did not invent the diesel engine but used it in their tractors, and therefore you cannot list the diesel engine as one of Fordson's so-called 'inventions'! I am still waiting for you to come up with a Fordson invention to rival the Ferguson system. It cannot be done, admit it Nashmach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :);):D :D :D

Dual Power is the only one of the top of my head I'm sure there's more it was the best thing ever for many by 1/2ing the amount of clutching that had to be done. But sure you wouldn't know as you have never driven a Ford with it  :D :D ;)

"Dual Power is the only one of the top of my head I'm sure there's more". Indeed.  ;) It still doesn't compare to the Ferguson system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether I've driven a FOrd with this marvellous 'dual power' is entirely irrelevant! Admit defeat Nashmach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D ;) ;) ;)

"The Fordson F is te daddy of all tractors." What a load of old nonsense! ;) ;)

I'LL GLADLY COUNT THEM UP FOR YOU JAS  BUT CLICK THE LINK & THIS IS ALSO WHAT I WROTE & I QUOTE :

glad you like the line up but i`ll only buy blue models as the real ones cost nothing but money & agrivation  Once ran a 6610 & went through 3 engines & 1 gearbox (rubix cube) in one year. But a trusty old DB 1490 never once let me down ! At least the models don`t break down !!

I CANT SEE THE PIC ON THE OTHER LINK BUT AT THE LAST COUNT I HAD 18 FORD / NEW HOLLAND TRACTORS

:D :D :D :D :D

I'LL GLADLY COUNT THEM UP FOR YOU JAS  BUT CLICK THE LINK & THIS IS ALSO WHAT I WROTE & I QUOTE :

I CANT SEE THE PIC ON THE OTHER LINK BUT AT THE LAST COUNT I HAD 18 FORD / NEW HOLLAND TRACTORS

:D :D :D :D :D

That sounds like driver error to me, either way UDI will put rude comments about you on his signature for saying that!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D;)

driver error my Ar$e :D the original engine needed replaceing , & the other two ? well no one seems sure what went wrong with them , but we had the next engine done by another dealer & had no problems with it  so it was two bad engines , or two badly fitted engines  ???

the gearbox was knackered when i took it on so was due to be replaced anyway but i think it was abuse  rather than gearbox failure , you either got used to the rubix change or you didn't , i personally recon it was better & smoother than the H pattern column change anyway & i got on quite well with it , but i've driven one , not long back & it took some getting used to again  :)

thats it both mf and ford are the best now stop trying to get one over the other >:(

there  i said it  ;D:D

No sorry.. you may be rich but you can't tell me what to do - MF is best and that's final..

FULL STOP

END OF POST

* Marky puts his fingers in his ears and hums a tune *

Ben... Ben... Jason... Lock it... go on... lock it