Harvest 2024

Well it seems harvest 2024 has started down this way, fleet estates just outside plymouth has been out over the weekend and cut 4 or 5 fields . Straws not up yet , but i did pass the yard earlier and the baler was outside so i guess it wont be far off. Wasnt a great swath left mind 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Well it seems harvest 2024 has started down this way, fleet estates just outside plymouth has been out over the weekend and cut 4 or 5 fields . Straws not up yet , but i did pass the yard earlier and the baler was outside so i guess it wont be far off. Wasnt a great swath left mind 

I’ve seen that Stuart’s in Exeter have started but nothing else near ish to me (between Tiverton and Wellington)

Edited by Jack390

They have started around here rather tentatively into rapeseed with JD X9s and LEX 8700s.

Saw a NH 10.90 coming home from work, being served by a new Fendt 728 and 724s, shall be back for pics very soon.

Saw this on youtube, somebody got video from E.Doe's farm in essex of both CR10 & CR11 in action with T7270 and T7230 both new style tractors.

• Like 2

Back in February my local New Holland branch of Ernest Doe's had a brand new CR10.90 combine in their yard with the all new logo's on the yellow side panels, and I wondered who had bought it? I knew where 3 were and assumed Smith's of Soham had replaced their 21 plate, but no I saw there's at work last week. Then on a family visit which took me past RAF Marham there she was cutting rapeseed, complete with an awesome 45 ft Macdon header😍

I must admit I was very surprised to see this machine had replaced a 5 year old Claas Lexion 8900 at Albanwise Farming company, I thought they were Claas through and through. Their old Lexion 600 was on the estate for 9 years and the 8900 arrived with 45 ft convio header as a pre production model.  The company farms a good 3500-4000 acres at Barton Bendish which seems a lot for a 10 year old designed NH machine to handle. I can only conclude that the 8900 has been unreliable, and the Macdon header on the NH has transformed a good combine into a stellar one, maybe some upgrades from the new CR11 have found there way into older machines as well boosting performance.  Its worth noting the farm have JD and Fendt kit so must have demoed their biggest machines as well. Maybe its the price or maybe they have first dibs on a CR11 demo machine, I will find out😄   Whatever I have to say that Macdon header looks amazing!!

P1020090.JPG

P1020091.JPG

P1020094.JPG

P1020100.JPG

• Like 4

On 7/25/2024 at 4:39 PM, phil phoenix said:

Back in February my local New Holland branch of Ernest Doe's had a brand new CR10.90 combine in their yard with the all new logo's on the yellow side panels, and I wondered who had bought it? I knew where 3 were and assumed Smith's of Soham had replaced their 21 plate, but no I saw there's at work last week. Then on a family visit which took me past RAF Marham there she was cutting rapeseed, complete with an awesome 45 ft Macdon header😍

I must admit I was very surprised to see this machine had replaced a 5 year old Claas Lexion 8900 at Albanwise Farming company, I thought they were Claas through and through. Their old Lexion 600 was on the estate for 9 years and the 8900 arrived with 45 ft convio header as a pre production model.  The company farms a good 3500-4000 acres at Barton Bendish which seems a lot for a 10 year old designed NH machine to handle. I can only conclude that the 8900 has been unreliable, and the Macdon header on the NH has transformed a good combine into a stellar one, maybe some upgrades from the new CR11 have found there way into older machines as well boosting performance.  Its worth noting the farm have JD and Fendt kit so must have demoed their biggest machines as well. Maybe its the price or maybe they have first dibs on a CR11 demo machine, I will find out😄   Whatever I have to say that Macdon header looks amazing!!

P1020090.JPG

P1020091.JPG

P1020094.JPG

P1020100.JPG

They’ve actually bought three of them as far as I’m aware Phil, one for each unit. AF farm the same area again in North Norfolk and Yorkshire. The Claas 8900’s were not unreliable at all but new management on at least one of the units wanted a change from Claas as he’s always favoured New Holland plus they had some issues with back up service from Claas but this has been resolved due to a staff member change at the local branch. The Fendt 1050’s are the biggest bugbear at the Barton Bendish unit, can’t get the power they have on the ground, there may be some interesting tractors appear there if the manager gets his way. 

By a telescopic lens Joe😄

I have mentioned before that the JD X9 1100 is the most popular combine now in these parts.  Waldersley farms have three now , as do Eubrink farms near Kings Lynn and neighbours Caley farms had two and a S790 last year so probably have three as well now.  The mormons near Stretham, Ely also had two and a S790 last year and probably have three by now. Thats 12!!  Then Henry Blowhard the pillock who appeared on Grassmen and said his X9 out performed both his Lex 780 and CR10.90 together (Spot rate vs average tons maybe) has two now. Then P J Lee has one and so does Guy Shropshire this year. Thats 16 off the buggers!  And theres another big JD farm the other side of K.Lynn who had three S690s five years ago and must have at least one by now, how depressing, I despise monopoly's.

P1020108.JPG

• Like 3

I visited Eubrink Farms on monday evening to look at their 8000 acre appx harvest operation which primarily is three JD X9s which they bought from the dealer formerly known as JW Doubleday, now Ben Burgess, whom are situated about half a mile away in Wiggenhall St Germaine.  When this farm left Velcourt farm management in 2014 they replaced all CASE tractors with JD & the NH combines with Claas.  They had approx 2x 9RX, 4 x 8R and maybe 6 or 7 JD 6Rs. But slowly and somewhat amusingly for me JD have been losing sales to Fendt ever since on their doorstep!!  By 2021 the estate had added three old shape 900 series and on this 2024 visit it was really spectacular.  They had a pair of big chaser bins with two Fendt 936s carting, one old shape and a one year old machine. Then two tri axle Krampe grain carts pulled by two more Fendts, both old shape 930 & 939s.  An old JD 6250r and a Claas 660 arion also turned up with 16 tonners before coup de grace arrived in the field, a humongous 72 reg  FENDT 1050 with a puny 20 ton Krame on the rear😄

I can't remember what the hp ration per acre is but this farm has over 4000 hp at its disposal and probably more!  5 big Fendts, at least one 9RX, an 8RX an 8R and at least  3 x 6Rs and the new Claas which maybe theirs or on hire.  I got a few shots and will be back for more soon,

P1020170.JPG

P1020171.JPG

P1020179.JPG

P1020182.JPG

P1020185.JPG

P1020194.JPG

P1020181.JPG

P1020173.JPG

P1020191.JPG

P1020196.JPG

P1020199.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 6

On 7/28/2024 at 7:46 PM, phil phoenix said:

By a telescopic lens Joe😄

I have mentioned before that the JD X9 1100 is the most popular combine now in these parts.  Waldersley farms have three now , as do Eubrink farms near Kings Lynn and neighbours Caley farms had two and a S790 last year so probably have three as well now.  The mormons near Stretham, Ely also had two and a S790 last year and probably have three by now. Thats 12!!  Then Henry Blowhard the pillock who appeared on Grassmen and said his X9 out performed both his Lex 780 and CR10.90 together (Spot rate vs average tons maybe) has two now. Then P J Lee has one and so does Guy Shropshire this year. Thats 16 off the buggers!  And theres another big JD farm the other side of K.Lynn who had three S690s five years ago and must have at least one by now, how depressing, I despise monopoly's.

P1020108.JPG

not likely I'd have to buy a DSLR too :D

It was nearer the old railway bridge where I can see over the fields from yesterday (and they've had it since 2012 so hardly a scoop!)

:

P1110043.JPG

• Like 5

😢😢😢not seen one combine working yet,but loads down now baled and carted .so much in fact today ,i was passing guys out direct drilling in some places ,and ploughing as well ,don't really remember them being tjis early before 

Local farm out with their CX8070 and 2 New Hollands supporting, also another of their NH's baling in another field.  This field seems to have suffered especially badly with the wet weather, it was sown around 8th October last year but took ages to get any decent growth and there are quite a few bare patches where water stood (and stood). 

P1110161.JPG

P1110174.JPG

• Like 6

I was very fortunate to stumble across the new New Holland CR11 working not far from Ernest Doe's Littleport branch in a nice wheat crop last night,  I got some good pics but haven't had a chance to upload them yet, will do so soon. Very impressive beastie with the 50ft Macdon on the front.

• Like 5