What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I had planned to give car alloys a right good clean today since they did not clean up too well just with a jet wash yesterday. However after hearing the lashing rain plan B might kick in. fitting electrical double sockets in shed and running in wires etc. A nice indoor job for a wet day. ;) ;)

Had a great night last night at a pub with Simon and Barry. Food superb, Stowford Press on the pump and very humourous company. Plus Simon offloaded two work tables into my van to put in my attic one day. Back to the house now for a few hours.

Today was a bit cold and a few drizzling showers so an ideal day to fit 6 double sockets and pull in wires to my new tractor shed before it gets insulated with expanded poly board and lined with 6mm MDF. By 3pm it was getting cold plus "hacks" were breaking out on thumbs at side of nails so gave that a miss. There is always another day ;) ;)

Given a day off in lieu by my boss today, taking Mum out for lunch and i've decided to start a little artistic tractor related project inbetween catching up on here, HB pencil, ruler, fine liner pens and felt tips at the ready. :)

Not wax crayons and sugar paper then Dave  ???  ;)  :laugh:

Best leave that style of masterpiece to Marky....  ;)  :laugh:

Not wax crayons and sugar paper then Dave  ???  ;)  :laugh:

Best leave that style of masterpiece to Marky....  ;)  :laugh:

I'm afraid not mate, nor is it going to be Massey red.......... or Ford blue, or John Deere green and yellow for that matter. I'm not expecting it to turn out to Turner prize winning standard, but hopefully you'll be able to recognise it at least, I was only a C grade student at G.C.S.E and I haven't put pencil to paper in a good while.  ;)

I'm afraid not mate, nor is it going to be Massey red.......... or Ford blue, or John Deere green and yellow for that matter. I'm not expecting it to turn out to Turner prize winning standard, but hopefully you'll be able to recognise it at least, I was only a C grade student at G.C.S.E and I haven't put pencil to paper in a good while.  ;)

It's a pink one, all the clues are there ...... ;D

It's a pink one, all the clues are there ...... ;D

I suppose I could colour it in pink Jo, but I wouldn't want it to look like a Siku limited edition.  ;D 

Here's the finished pencil outline, and in the words of Rolf Harris, "Can you tell what it is?"

I don't mind admitting it isn't quite right and there's still a few minor details to add if I can manage them. There's also a bit to big a gap between the rear wheel and wing and also quite a few construction lines still visible that won't appear in the final outlined and coloured in version. But for someone who hasn't done anything like this in a fair few years i'm quite pleased and already have ideas for my next one.

I'm not doing anymore to it tonight as it's taken up quite a bit of my patience and left me with a splitting headache, how on earth you top model and layout builders cope i'll never know.  ;D

Just for the record the actual tractor can be found in Classic Tractor June 2005.

DSC06153.jpg

thats good very detailed

Thanks Jack, appreciated, it's still missing a few things such as link arms, but it's almost there. :)

Ahh A Same, Galaxy 170 if I am not mistaken

It's a little bit smaller Mike, went for a Laser 110. I was flicking through an old Classic Tractor and discovered the buyers guide on it, it's styling is right up my street, nice straight lines and purposeful looking. :)