What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Quiet night at night last night have been sampling crude oil and a few other jobs have got wireline work going on at the moment as they try and find more oil from the reservoir and the existing wells they use explosives to make holes in the tubing deep inside the well bore. Apart from that had a video on Piper Alpha to watch.

bit of unexpected last min xmas pressie shopping after i found 3 hidden under the others below  the tree to me from the wife, swore blind she had bought me nothing else after the 510 combine,and i swore i wouldnt after buying her samsung netbook thingy , have hidden them upstairs out of the way so she doesnt cotton on yet

Been 'chilling' today. Started last night when I had to go to the coach station in Exeter to pick up my Sister-in-laws 70 year old freind who has come to stay for Christmasfrom Russia. The coach was supposed to come in from Heathrow at 9.05pm but due to the chaos caused by snow at Reading it didn't come in till 05.10am this morning so by the time I got in the door it was just after 05.30.

Had a walk down to the shop for a newspaper and milk. All the pavements have been cleared by Aberdeenshire Council with a Kubuto and sander. In addition all the streets in the estate have been cleared  by the local farmer with his JCB Fastrac. I bet the roads and pavements are better looked after in Drumoak than they are in Aberdeen city.

I heard water running in the drains so here is hoping the temperatures are on the up and will start melting the lying snow.

Just been through to York to finish off getting last few bits and pieces for Christmas and visiting some of my farming friends to wish them a merry christmas, now relaxing at home catching up on here before packing in readiness for my trip to Sheffield tommorow afternoon after I finish work. :)

Just back from Costco at Westhill getting some of the last food stuffs. It was mobbed and I had a few trolley rage moments. Got a half sirloin, Loch Fyne smoked salmon, carrot cake and single cream. That's my contribution to Xmas and my mother will be dealing with the other stuff.

Braved the ice and snow to collect my Parpheasduckapon.  It weighs 8.5 lb including the chestnut stuffing. 

Came with all the giblets and the carcass(es) so some really lovely stock coming up.

Only 8.5lb Sue? So you're eating alone this Christmas then.  ;):D

I shall be preparing my turkey tomorrow ready to bung it in the AGA around 8.00 Cristmas morning, stuff the crop-end with a pound of sausage meat and a pound of sage & onion stuffing to keep it moist and that extra bit of flavour and a bit more to carve. Only having a small turkey this year, 22lb.

Only 8.5lb Sue? So you're eating alone this Christmas then.  ;):D

I shall be preparing my turkey tomorrow ready to bung it in the AGA around 8.00 Cristmas morning, stuff the crop-end with a pound of sausage meat and a pound of sage & onion stuffing to keep it moist and that extra bit of flavour and a bit more to carve. Only having a small turkey this year, 22lb.

Ah, but my bird is all meat. excepting the chestnut stuffing, - no bones at all!