What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

First day off in over a month and where do I spend it? Flipping Focus! Off to Shaftesbury now to walk "Hovis Hill" and have a cuppa tea and a cake (or two!) and then carry on down to Poole to see my sister. First time I will have seen her house, she bought it around the same time we bought ours.

been in work this morning, 4 am till 11, sainsburys can be so difficult to work in at times, but hey ho its overtime, also got my shopping done before we left so a trip in the car saved, just on here and off for a quick power nap in a mo, 4 am on a sunday is so wrong

Delivered a bucketful of manure this morning via loadall.

Then Argos,....new phone charger.

Midday,....went to help a friend net one of his ponds to try and catch the catfish that have eaten all of his tench and smaller carp. Had to divide the pond into two parts with one net,....netted the smaller half and got a lot of small silver fish (rudd, roach, perch) and about 80  large carp plus one baby catfish.

Done the larger part and had one hell of a netfull of fish untill we got snagged on a tree-root which tore about 5 feet of the weighted lead-line at the bottom of the net.As a result we lost most of the big fish and ended up with less than the first haul. We used the dividing net to re-try the second half and after much hauling and a couple of minor snags we hauled in a monster netfull of mixed fish among which were two huge cats and one smaller one which weighed 22lbs.

The big ones were 65lbs and 48.5lbs,...........................and bloody ugly.... :of :of

I have never seen them in real life untill today and it was well worth the effort and getting soaked for. :)

got a crappy picture on my wet and muddy phone which just doesn't do them justice Mark.

Thought we werent going to see any after the net ripped cos the dividing net was four feet shallower than the other net. The guys who done the netting work for the E.A and said that you only get about 25% of the fish when you net a pond like this.

Well worth the effort and the big one was taller than me and I reckon you could have got a football in its gob.

Not a bad weight gain considering he put 6 of them in there 6 years ago and the biggest was just under 10lbs.

Bloody ugly critters though....... :of :of

Ah the life of a University Student hey....  ::):D :D :D

As for me... I've had a nice little baling job on today, doing some crop cover for a local strawberry grower... nothing too heavy really.

Tomorrow... another baling job on in Cambridge.. I shall be driving right through the city centre at about 9.30am... be warned  ;D

Jaw's on that loader "contraption" open or closed Mark :-\ :-\

For me work and then a few bits of pieces from Costco, lottery ticket purchase and on the way home a bit of combine spotting...photos to follow later ;) ;)

Good Mark...but I'll expect pictures by close of play ??? ???

For me a first time out at a Tillage Event with some modern tackle which I would struggle to start up....

I mean where would  the standard starting handle go  ???

Today  I got back to painting well staining the second coat of Butinox on the fascia of the eves of the house at the rear. I hate the back a bit higher than the front and my own aluminium sectional ladder is not high enough. I had to borrow dad's heavy old 2 piece Ramsay of Forfar ladders which weigh's a ton. Anyway he was saying he was wanting one section back since he would need to get up to the loft in his garage with his seed potatoes before long. I got the hint :D :D

I got the job done and took them back to him on the Ivor Williams trailer plus a large wheelie bin full of pink chuckies which were surplus to my requirements bagged up in compost bags and sat in between the ladder rungs so no need to rope on a load of chuckies ;D ;D ;D

10102010.jpg