What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

started my new part time job 2day, working for a large john deere dealership group as a partsman, 10 years since i last worked in a parts dept, im still keeping my contracting buisness going the rest of the week, its win win drive a jd for myself then go work amongst the part time in a dealership, only time to do 2 days in stores for now.

Need to upload a few photos of the past couple of weeks to my work topic but cannot be bothered at the moment!  :laugh:

Anyway, today I went to Blandford area to collect an artic load of gear from a farm - MF165, MF390, two loaders, 3 Bedford MK engines, two grabs and a Taarup mower. Got it all on in PDC style precision! Tomorrow I am off to Corfe Castle area where I went last week in the 6 wheeler to collect a dead MF595 and a dead MF3090 then back to  the yard, hop back in the artic and trundle up to Tilbury to deliver a Nissan Navara and a Mercedes Atego 7.5tr to the docks. If I get there and tipped by 9pm I'll be on a night out between there and Cheffins Machinery Sales, Cambridgeshire where I will be heading Friday morning to collect an artic load of tractors again. Never stops you know!  :laugh: :laugh:

Keeps me out of mischief for the last part of the week anyway.

been getting more fibre in down cornwall, and putting a few misguided views of my boss and his boss right,they seem to think we should be doing 3 fits a day, thats what london do??? fine, but london only blow theres 100ms tops, exactly how the networkwas ment to be designed, down here we are pushing the limits a little, given we should plan to blow no more than 600m of this tiny bundle, why are you so far giving us 1200m and 2300m blows to do, which is made even harder by the fact we have only been given  1000m pans of fibre,now i aint got a maths degree, but i know thats not possable.

took 3 attempts to blow a 400m section today, which made our points even more valid, the contractors we are using are pulling in 500 plus mter sections of tubing for us, and in doing so are streching the cable, this constricts our pipes inside(7 x 5mm tubes) so our tiny 4 bundle fibre wont go in ,so they have been dropped and our own guys are now on the job

After the feed at the smallholding where I volunteer on Thursdays, we took a "past it" shorthorn over to a slaughterhouse in Cinderford towed by the farm's battered Ford van. It wheezed and panted up the forest roads with its 700+ kilo cargo, but reached its destination despite needing to top-up the radiator frequently.

Later, with the same van-transporter set-up, we took a sow over to a friend of the farmer's 300-acre tenant farm, only to find the boar was already away "on loan". Not too bothered though as I got to photograph some of his red tractors ;D

After the feed at the smallholding where I volunteer on Thursdays, we took a "past it" shorthorn over to a slaughterhouse in Cinderford towed by the farm's battered Ford van. It wheezed and panted up the forest roads with its 700+ kilo cargo, but reached its destination despite needing to top-up the radiator frequently.

Later, with the same van-transporter set-up, we took a sow over to a friend of the farmer's 300-acre tenant farm, only to find the boar was already away "on loan". Not too bothered though as I got to photograph some of his red tractors ;D

are you going to post the red tractors on here?

i know what you mean mate, just never seen it done like that, i always thought the 600 series arches were a one peice unit each side, so they must have been cut away or rusted really bad ,which is weird as the cab looks ok, 600's were prone to rusty cabs and arches, usally both went together, ours were all wax oiled and didnt really suffer rust at all but they were always kept clean and marks ect taken care of

Well this afternoon the plan is to go to a friends farm at Skene with covered in trailer and clear a shed of dad's junk which has been there for about 2o to 30 years. Their silage pit roof collapsed with the weight of snow so shed will need to be moved to get new supports for the roof.

I know I have a Landmaster rotovator in there and I might have wheel weights and solid front wheels for my Farmall A but the rest is his. He phoned to remind me there was a Ford Anglia 105E engine and gear box in that shed too and he would get his brother to come and give me a lift with it.