SILVER JUBILEE MCCORMICK CX ????

IH885XLMAN

Ok today i snapped up a few pics of a CX mccormick only at one angle though

its parked next to a red mac has anyone heard of any news at doncaster for a

silver com edition model also there is the "oswestry show "this weekend so maybee there will be more info on it there i will take some better pics

but for now

UH try doing a few of these  ;)

post-15-13263853663_thumb.jpg

aggos mac's have been going for 5 or six years but im not sure if this model is celibrating the origional mccormick or or how long doncaster have been going i know its not silver jubillee

but some sort of special edition never the less  :-\

Just had a look on McCormick website couldn't find anything but in 1982 The manufacture of construction equipment ceases at Wheatley Hall Road and preparations begin to see the return of tractor production to Doncaster Plant.

Maybe then in preparation for 2007  ???

"McCormick has unveiled a limited run of Diamond Edition commemorative tractors to celebrate 60 years of production at its Doncaster home in South Yorkshire, England. McCormick?s CX105 (left) and MTX150 Diamond Edition tractors celebrate 60 years of production at the company?s Doncaster home. In addition to the distinctive paint scheme, the tractors have an enhanced specification that includes air conditioning, a Radio/CD/MP3 player and driver?s equipment kit. 

Just 60 examples each of the 102hp CX105 and 152hp MTX150 models will be available in the UK to the one-off specification, which includes a special silver and dark grey paint scheme, a chromium plated exhaust heat shield and silver-highlighted steering wheel in addition to an enhanced package of standard equipment."

the view i got to see (no photo)looked identical to andys pic .I also looked on the Mac website

and found nothing i will be looking at this model at the oswestry show though as its bound to be there looks quite snappy maybee they're copieing balsidons silver 7810

incidentaly this isnt the first time doncaster has made a silver tractor

i wish there was more info on the silver 674 probebly 1977 era

I think  rory is the man to dig some info up on that particular tractor  ;)

I'm sure I've seen one before, possibly in the "News" section of Classic Tractor......

I'll have a look and check later on...... :);) ;)

mart i remember a one off CASEIH CX dimond white edition something to do with a david brown dealer way back in 1999 in washington or boston in this country (i get the two names mudled up sorry coz of USA) now it could be tractor & machinery october -november or even a little later than that but it looked a nice tractor i think the same dealer comisioned a gold ih 784

and did a dimond white case ih 885 xl in a later news articel either in classic tractor or tractor & machinery  :'( :'( :'(

The Case CX you refer to was in a 2004 Classic in the News section and was traded in with Robert Crawford for a Renault.

The other 2 were dealer specials and were featured in CT I think Hayton was the dealer's name and if I remember correctly they were in Cumbria.  ???