Just a quick conversion of the Siku 4270, followed TM 810's method to build a MF 6490 so had a Siku MF 5455 chassis that I had robbed for the cab and bonnet, so I thought I could use it to beef up Siku's rather underfed 4270, here's the result.

post-611-132638537032_thumb.jpg

post-611-13263853727_thumb.jpg

sean, the 5 series were the replacements of the 4 series ie a 4270 (110hp?) was replaced roughly by a 5455 (100hp) so the chassie is about the right size. the model looks fantastic, shame i got rid of my 4270 as i would have made one of those.

The 4355 and 5455 are 4 cylinder models, the 4270 is a 6 cylinder.

was it spn that suggested that the other day? if so nice idea stan,can see one coming my way at some point

deff looks the buis though mate thats for sure, how big were the real life 4 series compaired to the 5 ?

The model scales out pretty close to actual dimensions publised in 42 series brochure , height is spot on, but wheelbase is about 4/5 mm to short. 4270 is closer in size to 5460 than 5455 in real life. I think I can live with the model as is, but it might not suit everybody.

The model scales out pretty close to actual dimensions publised in 42 series brochure , height is spot on, but wheelbase is about 4/5 mm to short. 4270 is closer in size to 5460 than 5455 in real life. I think I can live with the model as is, but it might not suit everybody.

Hey... don't get me wrong... I think your model is the dogs swingy bits indeed - I would be VERY pleased to have it in my collection (hint hint  ;))

Hey... don't get me wrong... I think your model is the dogs swingy bits indeed - I would be VERY pleased to have it in my collection (hint hint  ;))

Sorry Marky, I wasn't having a dig at you or any one else, I was answering TM810 's question about the relative sizes or the 42's and 54's and just meant that I was happy with the model even if it wasn't 100% accurate.

Sorry Marky, I wasn't having a dig at you or any one else, I was answering TM810 's question about the relative sizes or the 42's and 54's and just meant that I was happy with the model even if it wasn't 100% accurate.

No offence taken Buddy... I didn't want you to think I was being negative about your model either... it looks superb to me mate - so enough of that... what's next then  ???

* Marky puts his hand up high *

Can it be another Massey  ;D???