Out and About in Canada

Rick

That's the Canadian farmer equivalent of knicking your tyres and rims in the dodgey housing estates (projects). We're nice guys, we'll leave you something to get home on.  ;)

I've seen some tractors come off the delivery truck with small tyres and rims like this. I was told that they're the cheapest set just to be able to drive the tractor on and off trucks etc. There may be special order tires and rims already at the dealer or the farmer may be supplying something of their own. I may be wrong........

Dern right Britfarmer, if there's kudos floating about, I'll take some  ;)

As far as unloading clearances from trucks, you'd find that most smaller boat-to-dealership stuff will come on highboy trailers, not drop decks and will be unloaded at (un)loading docks at each dealer's yard.

I know TOG, I wasnt referring to your post. On short sea crossings vehicles are transported on deck or on a RoRo frieghter. On long sea crossings everything is usually containerised so I would guess the latter method applies to the Kubota judging by the wheels. Sorry for the mix up mate.

Gotcha Deere-est, mix -up fixed.  :)

A wee question on this matter. Do you suppose that the dealer ships those tyres and rims back to the manufacturer after they've accumulated a bunch or do you suppose there's a bunch of them behind each dealership? ;)

I could think of a few uses for those at the right price.

Gotcha Deere-est, mix -up fixed.  :)

A wee question on this matter. Do you suppose that the dealer ships those tyres and rims back to the manufacturer after they've accumulated a bunch or do you suppose there's a bunch of them behind each dealership? ;)

I could think of a few uses for those at the right price.

They look very similar to the ones on the smaller tractors size wise, I bet at least the tyres are re-used.

That's what I was thinking, but , then, how do the smaller tractors get shipped? On skids? (No, I'm not being an ass). It would give the dealership a good supply of slighty used tyres for those compact tractors.

Next time I'm in at the NH or JD dealer in town I'm gonna be asking some questions! :)

I tell you what TOG that doesnt sound like such a silly thought. Expense wise it would make sense to pack the smaller tractors in crates and use the wheels to move the larger tractors around. . . . Good thinking there TOG. If it ain't how it's done you should suggest it in return for a free model or two!!