• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about glueing the bales on the outside of a box sean  ? fantastic piece of work gone into that . i have used a tanco, cooks & a browns carrier & all these had the center bar at the back, i have also used a 3pt linkage one as well, good kit but needs a fair weight on the front to stop the tractor from dancing around !

the prob with moulding / resin is they would be as if not heavier than the origonals, hence the foam idea, nice and light weight, and it does lift the test block fine without any real preassure needed on the sides,

you could mould them out of chocolate  :P :P :P :P :P :P

sorry this bloody diet

the resin i use is quite light ,whats the problem with them being to heavy ?might it

weeken the structure of the carrier or the fact that they move about too much and fall out

will you make anymore of them sean as theyre sh1t hot mate

I'm sure its been said already Sean but that is a fine piece of work there, I wouldn't worry too much about it carrying the load, it is only a model afterall and it's not got this years crop of bales to collect!!

If you do want some realism, then why not try glueing enough bales together to fill the bottom layer and fitting some kid of anchor/clip to the back which would clip on to the main frame of the grab section so that layer works like a pallet so to speak, the sides of the frame will hold the bales in position and the bottom layer will support them and hold them in the frame.... does that make sense?

If you do want some realism, then why not try glueing enough bales together to fill the bottom layer and fitting some kid of anchor/clip to the back which would clip on to the main frame of the grab section so that layer works like a pallet so to speak, the sides of the frame will hold the bales in position and the bottom layer will support them and hold them in the frame.... does that make sense?

ummm...............er yeah....................... i was just about to say that  :D :D :D :D

I'm sure its been said already Sean but that is a fine piece of work there, I wouldn't worry too much about it carrying the load, it is only a model afterall and it's not got this years crop of bales to collect!!

thats not a bad idea jas, afterall i only need one stack fitted like that, i have thought about making a mould of resin but very very fine ,4 sides and a top/bottom, glue to gether and paint, but prob to much work ,wheres i have 800 bales so a small ammount missing for one stack is nothing