Ford 7710 and irrigator set

JC

I didnt realise they made a 7710 set, whats the cat number on the box?

I picked up a (9600) TW20 and irrigator set a while ago for ?60 which I thought was good as this was made for only one year, so I assume the 7710 would be even more valuable.

I didnt realise they made a 7710 set, whats the cat number on the box?

I picked up a (9600) TW20 and irrigator set a while ago for ?60 which I thought was good as this was made for only one year, so I assume the 7710 would be even more valuable.

Think its #9600, will check when I get home....

Definately a 7710 in a box numbered #9600, I bought it earlier in the year as part of a big collection, the tractor and irrigator were both in totally mint condition except for a plastic part being broke on the irrigator trolley, it even still had an elastic band holding the driver in place.

I'm pretty certain it's all original as all the items in the collection were boxed and in the same condition, the seller had been bought them as a child and had never played with them, all the items in box's with cardboard inners were still fixed in with the small metal/plastic keys.

i had that set when i was a bit younger, cant remember the no. but i thought it was similar to a ford 5610?? or something (i cant remember the old fords, never took much notice!!). There was one on ebay a few months back i think?

Guest quangova

Definately a 7710 in a box numbered #9600, I bought it earlier in the year as part of a big collection, the tractor and irrigator were both in totally mint condition except for a plastic part being broke on the irrigator trolley, it even still had an elastic band holding the driver in place.

I'm pretty certain it's all original as all the items in the collection were boxed and in the same condition, the seller had been bought them as a child and had never played with them, all the items in box's with cardboard inners were still fixed in with the small metal/plastic keys.

FP - 9600 is listed as a Ford Tractor Set issued in 1984 (but no details of what was in the set), the part no was a reused no that was origonally used for the Post Hole Digger.

FP - 9600 is listed as a Ford Tractor Set issued in 1984 (but no details of what was in the set), the part no was a reused no that was origonally used for the Post Hole Digger.

Cheers "Q", that is all it states on the box, no model number.

The mystery continues.......  ???

• 5 years later...

Tricky one this as 9523 Ford TW20 is shown in the 1985 catalogue but the January 1985 trade order form shows 9523 as Ford 7710 Tractor and 9600 as Ford Tractor & Hosedrum. At a guess I'd say that the 1985 catalogue was prepared and possibly even printed before the decision to change the model to a 7710.

9600 was only made for two years, '84 to '86 inclusive, so a year of manufacture for each tractor model. Most likely rare in either guise

I have just checked the box and the picture on the back showing the Ford and the drum together is indeed a tw20

However on the side of the box there is a picture of the tractor alone (pictured with other tractors such as the merceded 1500 and the one with the hopper) and this Ford is the 7710!!

anyone know how long the tw20 and the 7710 were in the catalouges on their own?

TW 20 1981 to 1984 inclusive (4 years)

7710 1985 to 1986 inclusive ( 2 years)

TW20 would be on the box as this was the first version out. Britains are unlikely to change the one picture and retain the rest of the existing box design, Forage Harvester box accepted. Good reason here though!