• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop red i am drooling all over the keyboard mate, it will get expensive replacing it :D :D :D

would you ever consider doing another forr sale? time allowing

I shouls imagine if he made them for sell, he would get quite few orders as would put my name down for 1 ;D

and me, can just see that hitched to the rear of the 3690, with a couple of my marstons alongside carting for it, towed of course by a pair of fergys

It was a condition of sale that you weren't allowed put Fergies in the same field as an Armor-Salmon harvester. Most people used Ford 4000s with the single row, and Ford 7810s or TW15s with the twin rows. Massey never sold a tractor that could cope with such a beast of a machine (on this side of the water. I'm sure the 1800, 4880 and 4900 might have been up to the job.)

It was a condition of sale that you weren't allowed put Fergies in the same field as an Armor-Salmon harvester. Most people used Ford 4000s with the single row, and Ford 7810s or TW15s with the twin rows. Massey never sold a tractor that could cope with such a beast of a machine (on this side of the water. I'm sure the 1800, 4880 and 4900 might have been up to the job.)

Dead right Stan, never saw an Armer being pulled with anything else barring the local contractor who had a fleet of Armers all pulled by Fiat 110-90's  :-*

Bang on there Stan, my dad used to have a yellow mid-tip one that he pulled with a 4000. He used it to pull beet in one of the steepest fields we have. There is a local fella who never stops going on about what a great sight he thought that was whenever he meets us! (guess who Colm ;) )

Bang on there Stan, my dad used to have a yellow mid-tip one that he pulled with a 4000. He used it to pull beet in one of the steepest fields we have. There is a local fella who never stops going on about what a great sight he thought that was whenever he meets us! (guess who Colm ;) )

You need never tell me and if Stan knows any tractor drivers down our way he is sure to know him too :D :D :D (He owns the lowest houred turbo charged NH 110-90 ever only 330hrs on her at last count :o)

The fella who used to pull for my father had one of the yellow ones on a 5000 and before that he had a Standen Solobeet powered by a 135 (Think I know where there's one of these still 8)). Best story was with one of the new green Armers that a neighbour bought which he had on a Ford Safety Cab 6600 he had her turned up on the pump so much that you could see sparks coming out of the exhaust at night ;D ;D