FIONA Seed Drill w. Harrow - 1/16th

Here is my newest creation for my radio controlled John Deere 7920 Coll. Ed.

I needed an implement to go after the tractor. It turned out to be a seed drill :) Also I wanted the implement to be hitch mounted.

The Fiona drill is a danish brand ( www.fiona.dk english site ).

I made the row markers swing out with a servo in the seed box. Row markers features real ball bearings.

The drill is made from two toys. A BRUDER Amazone D8 drill, a BRUDER Lemken Smaragd and some brass.... :)

985074.jpg

985082.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Happy building!

Anders Kolpen

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the fine comments!

nice work Kolpen, any other 1:16 implements in your collection? :) :) :)

Yes.

At the moment I have the JD 2700 Mulch Ripper that raise and lowers. I'm not sure if I would use this for spares or customize it in the future with spring loaded teeths.

JD ripper

JD disc

JD baler

JD round baler

JD corn seeder, 4 rows

Lemken 12 furrow plow (R/C)

JD manure spreader

Joskin Silo Space

Lemken Smaragd

In the works is a Lemken, KUHN or Kverneland 4 or 5 furrow plow. Reversible and controlled from transmitter. I just need some square brass 11x11mm to make the frame.

/Anders 

Thanks for all the fine comments!

Yes.

At the moment I have the JD 2700 Mulch Ripper that raise and lowers. I'm not sure if I would use this for spares or customize it in the future with spring loaded teeths.

JD ripper

JD disc

JD baler

JD round baler

JD corn seeder, 4 rows

Lemken 12 furrow plow (R/C)

JD manure spreader

Joskin Silo Space

Lemken Smaragd

In the works is a Lemken, KUHN or Kverneland 4 or 5 furrow plow. Reversible and controlled from transmitter. I just need some square brass 11x11mm to make the frame.

/Anders 

can we see some pics please  :) :)

Here is some pictures....

Just shot some pictures, no cool surrondings  ;D

First is my JD 7920 with JD 567 round baler

IMG_0184.jpg

JD 4255 with corn seeder

IMG_0185.jpg

JD 8320 with disc

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

JD 8320 with LEMKEN Vari Titan 12 furrow plow

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

More to come later

/Anders Kolpen

Quite a collection you have mate, are you going to stick to remote control tractors, or convert a few smaller 16th models to RC (Riding Mower, Skid Steer loader,etc.) ?  :)

Thanks alot!

CCF:

I'm not too sure on these 'mini' toys. My skills are not to fit all the electronics in there... yet.  ;)

My interest is more the bigger farm equipments.

I still have a lot to do.

o  Put lights, worklights and beacon light on my 7920

o  Work on a 4 or 5 furrow Lemken, Kverneland or KUHN plow, hitchmounted to the 7920

o  Finish my FIONA seed drill with stickers etc.

o  Another future project is a ZUIDBERG frontlift for the 7920 to use a front press when sowing.

o  This weekend I will order the CASE IH STX 530 wheeled tractor from outbacktoystore.com - and guess what would happend to that toy in the future  :P

o  Last I would really want to build a V?derstad Rapid 3M or 4M to my 7920 also, but that is just a dream.

/Anders

Thanks alot!

CCF:

I'm not too sure on these 'mini' toys. My skills are not to fit all the electronics in there... yet.  ;)

My interest is more the bigger farm equipments.

I still have a lot to do.

o  Put lights, worklights and beacon light on my 7920

o  Work on a 4 or 5 furrow Lemken, Kverneland or KUHN plow, hitchmounted to the 7920

o  Finish my FIONA seed drill with stickers etc.

o  This weekend I will order the CASE IH STX 530 wheeled tractor from outbacktoystore.com - and guess what would happend to that toy in the future  :P

o  Last I would really want to build a V?derstad Rapid 3M or 4M to my 7920 also, but that is just a dream.

/Anders

The Case ought to be interesting, you're going to need one heck of a gearbox to move that thing around! I have the New Holland TJ530 collector edition made from the same tooling, if you need any measurements from it for your Case IH STX 530 project, let me know and I will get them for you.  :)

The STX 530 will be bought to sit on the shelf for a while, till I get money to start converting to R/C.

I have it all figured out. Actually I will have 4 gearboxes/motors. One for each wheel. The differential effect will be electronic. This will for sure be a beast!  :)

This is how it is going to be.

I got the idea from a german r/c forum.

As the motors are all coupled togehther, the 'inside' motors, when turning, wont need as much power as the outside. Therefore these will automaticly slow down and the outside motors will take more turns. 

Draw.jpg

Direct power from 4 gearmotors will make a very strong vehicle :) Also this will probably be a  very cheap setup. You will see more of all this later :)