Jump to content

My First conversion/modification


Recommended Posts

Been converted more times than anything else i should think but i had a couple of spares knocking about sooo...  Ihave made this to fit a four metres in scale.  Mighty difficult (for me anyway) to get the third and two thirds to marry up without too much of a visible join - especially as i dropped it twice!!  I also wanted to keep it fairly toy like as it goes better with the Britains of the time.

Its all down hill now as i have started tinkering!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a bad old bit of handy work at all Andy, have you resprayed them or were you lucky enough to find two exact matches?

Sean, anymore of these coming out of Pullin's MF Engineers?

Had to repaint them/it because finding two the same would just be too easy!!!

nice work for a first attempt mate, add a few bits to her like the line markers and folding tow bar and you'll be well away mate, mines in a 6m scale  size ,as i have a big feild or two on the layout  :D :D :D :D

Thought about that but my technical ability wouldn't let the grey matter fathom out the best way to do the folding draw bar.  The markers i did fathom out but after dropping it the first time i was never going to get it to the stage where it would warrent the extra detail/time 9which i don't have a lot of.

Thanks for all your kind comments.

Andy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a bad old bit of handy work at all Andy, have you resprayed them or were you lucky enough to find two exact matches?

Sean, anymore of these coming out of Pullin's MF Engineers?

may be mate

adny send me a pm if you want and i will get a couple of close ups of the hitch bit for you, so you can do it ,you use bits from the stuff you cut of to do it, so its pretty simple and free to, as you would only throw the bits away otherwise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nice job well done how did you join them together

joining them was fairly simple in using normal contacta glue.  The difficult part was getting rid, (or trying), of the joint.  I ended up joining them, then filing out a V so that i could fill it.  Then a lot of filing again and filling, building the filler up in thin layers.  I did strengthen the joints on the underside where possible with strips of plastcard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.