scissor lift trailer

well this was bugging me all the way home on the bus today, stuck in a big traffic jam,so had to put my thoughts into plastic when i got home, not 100% on the side ram positions ??? and deff need to get some slightly bigger wheels for it, but the basic idea is there, just needs to fine tune it ,bodys no where near done as i have been doing the high lift at the same time 

post-46-132638542854_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638542856_thumb.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have it cracked there Sean, the only thing I can see that might be wrong is how you have linked the scissor lift part..... I think they would normally be fixed top and bottom at the same end and the opposite end would slide in the runners..... you have it fixed at the bottom on each end. (does that make sense??)

will do that tommorrow ,can see exactlly what you mean with it and the space is there for the runners to without to much work,

any ideas for a good mid size set of wheels anyone bigger than the mf 200's on there now,but not as big as  the keenans i think

Excellent Sean......Looks the business......Can just imagine it parked up next to Jase's Ploegers now...... :)

Well done mate...... :);)

it should fit mart, the whole thing is 8 cm from bottom of wheels to top of body,,once i had the basic idea in my head i had to build her otherwise i would have forgotten by next weekend ,as mrs tm said strike while the irons hot,or your memorys not been clouded by work

it should fit mart, the whole thing is 8 cm from bottom of wheels to top of body,,once i had the basic idea in my head i had to build her otherwise i would have forgotten by next weekend ,as mrs tm said strike while the irons hot,or your memorys not been clouded by work

I agree Sean, always best to have a go while the idea is fresh eh......What will you be decalling it up as mate?  ;):);)

not sure at present, might do it as a western? nice yellow one, will have a look round the sites frist and see, would be nice to do something other than marston if i can

I know what you mean mate...... :)

You could almsot do a Marston Yard if you did a Marston scissor lift and re-painted a Samson spreader into an ECE Machine...... :D;)

You have to be the fastest builder in the southwest mate!!! Your churning tractors and trailers out like nobody'e business and making a dam good job of them aswell. What do you use in all of the pivot points Sean, brass eyelets or something?

no 10 mm flat head nails mate, 99p for approx 500 for a cheapo store round this way,cds,or the range as they are now called, just cut them down to lenght that i want

for the rollers ect i drill out a hole through the chassis then cut a wider section to fit between the chassis, glue the arms to the end of the wider part,sit into place then slide a smaller part through the holes in the chassis from the out side to form the piviot point, almost like making the rams but not so big

i will try out a set of tims ,they may well work ok,other wise i will have to hunt round toytrac,the mf200's are deff to small i feel

ben as for more, i may be tempted to do a few if i can sort out all the niggly finishing bits on this one ok, like the lift arms ect, will let you know

Sean

Look what i've started

Couple of pointers, soory if people have already said but system so slow for me

fix scissors at the bottom back end and pushfrom the from fix rams about 10% down from the drawbar on the bottom and about mid position on the top

idelay bottom should be channel section and slider would run in that

rams should be inside the frame 2 rams on the scissor and one for the body single set of marstons and voila

you've built it for me saved me the bother

Again top effort

mm get the idea with the legs, but the rams wont go inside the sicissor bit not enough space, the marston one shes based on has the rams on the outside of the chassis like tis,will move the lift rams back though when i re-set the arms ones fixed at the rear just not the other, but after a look it will stop the body sliding along over the rear of the chassis with the wheels on it,will have a play atthe weekend all being well