scissor lift trailer

Sean

Thanks for the advice on the rams

Would like to keep them on the inside if i can

Ideally you need to get it to go back a bit when it lifts the compromise is the higher you lift the less backward motion

So much better than just chopping off drawbars on Marstons don't ya think

The Tim wheels would do the biz

We had big fat floats on the one we had and it was only 6 tons if not it sank at the beet clamp

Ade

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i think i have a set some where well 1 pair also looking at the uh cargo ones to, this is only a proto to be honest i will re do the arms, and move the rams back a bit before i do any more work on the body, its only plastic so easy enough to cover any holes ect from the moveing of bits ,am also going to put the roll over sheet on it like my other marstons,

have hit a problem lads and need your advice,i moved the arms round last night and fixed them both at the rear running free on the fronts, and moved the rams back a bit, and it doesn't work, ie it won't support the weight of the tipper body when upright or tipping, it causes the arms to collaspe at the front, must be moving the center of ballance,have put it back as it was now and it sit perfect,even when its not on  a tractor,

do i make it to look like it should mechaniclly and correctly ?

or

leave it slightly incorrect and allow it to work for display purposes?

due to the rams it wont lift a load just like the bale trailer

i have had a real good look at it mate, and for the life of me can't see a way to solve it at the mo, looks spot on when the arms are right way , but no strenght, looking at marts the rams are centerl and multi stage, so that must be the key,

was hellish tired last night so mind wasn't going right but i think i will have to solve a multi stage ram, car arieals may be an option 

i have had a real good look at it mate, and for the life of me can't see a way to solve it at the mo, looks spot on when the arms are right way , but no strenght, looking at marts the rams are centerl and multi stage, so that must be the key,

was hellish tired last night so mind wasn't going right but i think i will have to solve a multi stage ram, car arieals may be an option 

The rams are multi stage Sean, I know someone else who is using car arials for his....... Not sure how he is getting on with it though.

will pop out to the local cheapo car store over the weekend have a look for some, recon with care they should work, i just need to take them apart carefully as the bits inside are very springy, as i found out when i took a spare one apart at work today,thing nearly took me eye out

Sean, try poundland. the shop in yeovil sells the tv boosters arials with twin antennas.  so at least if you strip them apart you get a set of matching rams

Thats what I had in mind, that or a couple of cheap pocket radios with short arials so you may get away with cutting them down.

yeah might well do, really anoying me as to why it wont stay up with the rams in the correct position so to speak, doesn't make sense ,unless i am missing something

you have connected the pipes into the spools on the tractor haven't you ? ;)

sussed the sicor part today, all sits perfectly level now in the upright position, currnetly awaiting tije to get to the shop for the rams(car areials) ,tried a test plasti strut set today, 5 stage with no joy, way to diddely to get it to work, and nigh on impossible to stop them pulling apart