Britains Spring 2007 Releases

Andy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 problems with those drills.  Lack of shelf space for the model, need new deeper shelves.  Despite the big tyres the real thing must cause soil compaction.

I doubt it, the weight is distributed well I would have thought between the tractor, the front wheels on the drill and the 20 or so wheels on the rear........

One big problem with those drills- you might as well put them in the barn when it gets wet underfoot because from the experiences we've had with them and the Simba type they get well and truely bogged in and take a lot of getting out in those conditions. We had to fill a hole in with a 3cx where i used to work where his Simba got stuck :o::):D :D

One big problem with those drills- you might as well put them in the barn when it gets wet underfoot because from the experiences we've had with them and the Simba type they get well and truely bogged in and take a lot of getting out in those conditions. We had to fill a hole in with a 3cx where i used to work where his Simba got stuck :o::):D :D

A grower of mine got a 75C and 8 metre Rapid stuck and needed a 360 to get it out - digging down to the plough pan to make a 30m long track for it to drive out!

Those drills look like they're heading for eastern Germany and the former eastern bloc countries I'd have thought. Menacing looking thing, anyone know the list price or is it best not to ask?!!!   :o

I think the 8 metre Rapid in this country is about ?65k list (dont take that for gospel tho)  so i would think they might be a little more than that!!!!

• 1 month later...

surpise, surprise...

there are new pics on britains/RC website: jd 4020 without cab, jd log skidder :

http://www.britains-rc2.com/pages/product.asp?sec=245&prod=42336

has anyone heard of simmental cattle no.42351???

greetings from germany

gernod

I hope they aren't Charolais painted in another colour scheme although it would save me from painting more of mine  :D :D :D :D

surpise, surprise...

there are new pics on britains/RC website: jd 4020 without cab, jd log skidder :

http://www.britains-rc2.com/pages/product.asp?sec=245&prod=42336

has anyone heard of simmental cattle no.42351???

greetings from germany

gernod

Great to see another breed of cattle added to the britains range.

Wonder will they look anything like the real thing.

post-77-132638558016_thumb.jpg

It looks to be the very same as the JQ648G model released by ERTL in 1996. I can't see any difference other than colour.

It is the same tooling, just a different paint and decal scheme.  :)

I'd better keep the last one I have left then of the 1970s versions - otherwise my calves won't have a daddy :)

I couldn't tell whether the pig arcs are any bigger from the picture.

Forgot to mention Britfarmer that (slightly off topic) I noticed your posting re: the Siku traditionals range. I really like these - I reckon they'll go well with a more vintage farm layout :)