Root Crop comp - discussion

FB

ah but i have no spud boxes ,ect either mate, if i can get one of reds beet harvestors i would enter, but that poor whalmus would look very lonly emptying into nothing eh :D :D :D :D

i am fully geared to arable and pigs at min on layout, and beet hopefully in the future

The real boys in lincolnshire were,nt using many spud boxes this year mostly going straight into trailers

I don't know of any farmers who unload into spud boxes around here... it's all trailers around our way  :-\

You'll have to come up here and see some real tattie boxes in action Marky...... :)

I think I'm going to set up a diaroma of tattie harvesting with earth and foliage this Sunday and get plenty of pics...... :);)

You'll have to come up here and see some real tattie boxes in action Marky...... :)

I think I'm going to set up a diaroma of tattie harvesting with earth and foliage this Sunday and get plenty of pics...... :);)

cant wait....not long until it starts ;)

ah but i have no spud boxes ,ect either mate, if i can get one of reds beet harvestors i would enter, but that poor whalmus would look very lonly emptying into nothing eh :D :D :D :D

i am fully geared to arable and pigs at min on layout, and beet hopefully in the future

you couldn't unload awhalmus into boxes anyway as it's a bunker harvester , the bruising & damage to the potatoes would be too great, there are still hundreds of acres all don in bulk sean , tipped into sheds & then loaded into bulk conveyor trailers , no boxes at all .

being a bunker harvester you don't need two tractors hauling either , just drop a trailer at the headland & take the loaded one

you couldn't unload awhalmus into boxes anyway as it's a bunker harvester , the bruising & damage to the potatoes would be too great, there are still hundreds of acres all don in bulk sean , tipped into sheds & then loaded into bulk conveyor trailers , no boxes at all .

being a bunker harvester you don't need two tractors hauling either , just drop a trailer at the headland & take the loaded one

If the digger was fitted with a shoot and the boxes were all in a line then you could just pull up next to the line and fill each box then cart them away on a flat deck like people that grow table spuds in NZ do.

The spud digger at work fills a trailer then when the trailer is full you run it back to the yard and unload it into boxes.The problem is that most of the table spud buyers don?t want to buy in bulk so you need to have 50 or so boxes on hand. :)