Britains 6 wheeler.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good mate, is that any particular companys colours or the new small familly run tirs haul company colours

>:(  ;D

There is a bloke down your way somewhere, Micheal Pidsley - runs Volvo FH's in these colours. A mate of a mate bought one from him a little while ago and I used to load him up with hay pretty regular. Just adopted his colours really. I'd like a chevron bumper but thet is a hell of alot arder to do than you'd think.  :(

I tried a similar approach with white insulation tape Sean, all the little grooves are so small the tape's glue wouldn't bit into them. As soon as you come to cut bits out and stuff it just tore and stretched all over the shop so I binned that attempt. Can't mask/tape it off for painting for the same reason.  ???

Cheers IM mate, thanks buddy  :)

nice,

if you try proper vynal mate its a bit thicker than tape so should be easier to work with, i have some silver here, but most diy stores will sell some, or try a local sign makers, they will prob give you a small bit no probs from an offcut,

Ah righto mate I will give it a go then. She'll look just excellent with a chevron bumper I reckon.

The wheels, tank straps, air tank straps will all be silver, the hubs red. Fenders will stay black untill the very last minute and I may then brush them over with red. I have crash bars for the sides aswell, these will be silver. The floors will be wood/wood effect and the body side beams will also be red.

Well as a certain new member who shall remain nameless came bounding in here peeing all over my fireworks  ::)  ::)  ::)  :D

I though I better get a squirt on a do something to mine as it has been sat in a box for so long. Here is the rear bogey as it has been for most of this year!!

Talking of fireworks, if they were like the ones I had this year, particularly the rockets, someone should have peed on them. We had three the first one hit the window of the house behind us and the flares exploded next to the frame leaving burn marks on it, the second just missed our roof and the third one went over our garage and exploded in the road behind it. Anyway enough bulls hit. Nice to  see your conversion is on the move again and I look forward to seeing more of it. Maybe I'll get round to starting mine soon given time. Keep us updated. Don't worry mine will be different from yours as I'm going to have a stab at fitting rear steer!

WHAT YOU SPRAY THAT WITH POLYFILLER ? :-\

COMEING ON WELL TRIS , YOU STILL WANT THOSE RED LETTERS ? WILL GO TO THE SHOP TOMORROW & SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME

Good evening to you too bo11ock chops!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D It isn't the crispest of photo's I must admit. Red and white is aerosol, silver is brush painted mate.

Not that bad is it?  :-\

Yeah them letters will be. . . wait for it. . ..

SPOTTY DOG!!! ;D ;D ;D