Britains 6 wheeler.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Still doing bits gradually. Got the cab-over rack in situ now and working on that. Made a little rack for the drawbar trailer too so that I can stow the tarpaulins when running empty etc. Rear fenders now fitted too. Cut offs from a 1/24 Italeri Renault Turboliner I had lurking around.

post-227-132638597189_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638597196_thumb.jpg

you going to put front supports from the rack down to the bumper then tris ?

;) Yep. maybe to a pushing pin but I fear any glue will melt the white vinyl stripes on the bumper so i may just run a bar along the bottom of the bumper like I saw on Judges FM12 the other week.

just attatch some small bar to the uprights so's they can just be pushed into place  :)

Don't follow mate. ..  :-\ am I being dunse?  ::)

Cheers mark and Sean. . pretty pleased with the results so far  :)

Yeah I have seen them too Sean, the go across inbetween the bottom of the cab and the top of the bumper. I though about that as well actually. I really wanted to do the pushing clevice on the fron with the bars coming down to meet that as the fixing point but the Zap glue will make a mess of the bumer now that it is all nice and chevronned I think. I think I will go with either the way you mentioned or with a bar running underneathe the front bumper, the two verticals coming down near the door pillars and meeting at the end of the bottom bar either side.

Wow......... that is awesome Tris!! How are you going to fill it though? What bales will you be using?

I can just see it at home on the A303 or in the massive arable fields either side.

The funniest thing is though mate is that you could actually fit in the cab (judging by all the jokes about your size)  ;D ;D ;D:D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Excellent mate, something to be very proud of.

Jez!!  :D;D I reckon I could get this around the south west without hitting too many obstacles as well!!! It will carry mainly conventional but also big bales as well as soon as I get a big baler that is!! Maybe a few rounds now and again. Backload fertiliser and anything else like timber, bagged/palletised aggregates and also a bit of machinery across the water to Farmermarshalls yard when he has been to the auctions over here  :)

Thanks for all the positive comments lads, the biggest undertaking I have done apart from the buildings so to be kept keen with all your compliments is an added bonus  :)