At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

A reg eh ? no adjustable steering for you then mart ! first thing first mate get rid of those awfull mickey mouse lights on the roof chap , as for the electricals ? always suffered in & around the fuse box , the 698 i used to drive was the same , come the end i had a crocadile clip to clip straight onto the alternator with an in line fuse , worked a treat , but they dont take much to sort out by all accounts , really think she'd be a good investment for you as a first working tractor , get a reasonably decent hedge trimmer & you got the start  as yer own bussiness, do yer trimming & work on other peoples farms  other than that it's just nice to get something to play with , & after all you dont want to upset regan by bringing home one of those blue things would you  :D;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reg eh ? no adjustable steering for you then mart ! first thing first mate get rid of those awfull mickey mouse lights on the roof chap , as for the electricals ? always suffered in & around the fuse box , the 698 i used to drive was the same , come the end i had a crocadile clip to clip straight onto the alternator with an in line fuse , worked a treat , but they dont take much to sort out by all accounts , really think she'd be a good investment for you as a first working tractor , get a reasonably decent hedge trimmer & you got the start  as yer own bussiness, do yer trimming & work on other peoples farms  other than that it's just nice to get something to play with , & after all you dont want to upset regan by bringing home one of those blue things would you  :D;)

I've got no idea where those lights on the roof came from/who put them on........

Thanks Marcus, will have a look at the fuses the next time I'm working with her........ :)

She's still a good tractor, just with a few niggly problems, will have to see how the future pans out for her, to be honest I'm more setting my sights on the 3095 if we get rid of it........ :-*

She's still a good tractor, just with a few niggly problems, will have to see how the future pans out for her, to be honest I'm more setting my sights on the 3095 if we get rid of it........ :-*

really mart? wow so you'd have a little 20 , the 698 AND the 3095  :o

well if yer going red yer doing it it mighty fine style  ;)

We're going to have a look at the 3095 ourselves as we now believe it to be an earthing problem........

Main reason I'd like her is that I've a real soft spot for her since she was my first real tractor I could call "my work tractor" and with her age and hours I'd hate for her to be sold for parts or to only last a year or two, at least if I bought her I could get any problems ironed out as and when they occur........

All providing the price is reasonable of course........ ;D;)

• 4 weeks later...

how oftern are you getting in then mart, with collage ect??

Still doing Friday Saturday and Sunday every week Sean and have been working full time since December 12th since I'm on holiday, will be doing the same over the Easter holidays and then all over the Summer again, like last year........ :)

Good to see you are keeping busy, Mart

Always up to something John........ ;)

keeps your hand in, earns the money to, plus gives the boss a break if he wants i guess, at least hes not taken onyone else on in your place mate, must be a good sign

Exactly mate........We both seem quite happy the way it's working out, plus I'm always on holiday during the busy times - silage, harvest etc so is good........ ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

And where would we be without this little gem........The 165 which is powering our Bicieffe bedder/feeder this year and is certainly putting in the hours every day........ :)

Just a little update on the condition of the 3095 - we had a mechanic down and checked the earth connections and fitted a new starter and she's going away fine but he said that after her 13,000 hours the engine is really starting to be on its last legs........ :'(

Nicely done Mart. You can't beat the oldies for yard jobs like bedding and feeding etc. So is the 3095 going to dissapear soon the?

Well I'm not sure what the plan is for my old 3095 now, an engine transplant was talked about since she's such a good work horse but perhaps I'll get a newer machine at some point in the near future - I think a lot of will depend on how long she continues to start again - if she doesn't last too long I can see her disappearing sooner rather than later........ :-\

• 3 weeks later...

Well just to keep you up-to-date with the goings on we've been doing a variety of jobs lately including trying to re-drain an area of the farm road which is prone to flooding........We were on the dung today and I've got some pics to post after tea but most exciting of all - we've got a new tractor coming - a 2wd original 4000 houred 675, I'm picking it up on Friday so there will be plenty pics to come........She will most likely replace either the 698 or the old International loader tractor........ :);)