At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice update Mart...only one question... why does the sowing looking so dead straight ??? ??? ....I thought MF's had a tendency to travel in a curved direction....but then again its maybe depends on the driver ;) ;)

Haha cheers Bill, I was quite pleased with how straight I got it looking, not bad for a first go I thought  :)

that a new front press to mart?? looks a nice set up i must say, good to see you getting stuff done rather than using contractors

No we've always had the press Sean, it's an Opico Shatta Press, the boss used to use it when he drilled with the old Massey 500 which we recently sold

Very nice combination you are using there.

texas

Thanks Bas  :)

Lovely straight lines Mart... I've missed this topic.. can we have some more regular updates pretty please with Cherries on the top

Nice update Mart...only one question... why does the sowing looking so dead straight ??? ??? ....I thought MF's had a tendency to travel in a curved direction....but then again its maybe depends on the driver ;) ;)

Indeed... right over you foot Billiam Bookbank if you don't watch it mate  >:(:-*

Thanks Marky, will see what I can do buddy  :)

Here's another few pics from lately though

First off since the new one pass has arrived we managed to sell the old 500

Sitting in the shed where she sat for the last 5 years

Massey500Drill22408.jpg

Hauled out and after a wash

Massey6480withMassey500Drill4thApril20114.jpg

Massey500Dril4411.jpg

Also had a day carting carrots for a local contractor harvesting for Kettle Produce

Massey6480andStewartRootCropTrailer8411.jpg

Massey6480andStewartRootTrailer8411.jpg

MF.jpg

never seen a 500 drill bar the brouchures on ebay, doesnt lok to different to a 30 / 130 really ,curious though, were the 2 tow arms hydrallicly lowered/ rasied or manual mart?

Two drawbars just lowered manually Sean.......It's got combined fertiliser and seed option, did the 30's/130's have that too?

Lovely straight lines Mart... I've missed this topic.. can we have some more regular updates pretty please with Cherries on the top

Indeed... right over you foot Billiam Bookbank if you don't watch it mate  >:(:-*

I tend to stay on the straight and narrow Mark...like this

DSC_0124.jpg

But I do fear for my feet when things get like this ;D ;D ;D ;D

JDCBENDS.jpg

without risking hijacking young marts topic, would you be so kind as to post some of your ploughing pictures young billiam, in your topic, seeing as you have a plough and all that old chap :laugh: :laugh:  then i can get a ruler out on them and see if they are straight :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyway back to mart, how many acres did you get done with the new drill then mate???? easy enough to use to?

and any news on a new fergy to replace your trusty steed yet?? or is the boss holding on to her as bit longer

without risking hijacking young marts topic, would you be so kind as to post some of your ploughing pictures young billiam, in your topic, seeing as you have a plough and all that old chap :laugh: :laugh:  then i can get a ruler out on them and see if they are straight :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyway back to mart, how many acres did you get done with the new drill then mate? ??? easy enough to use to?

and any news on a new fergy to replace your trusty steed yet?? or is the boss holding on to her as bit longer

Just 50 acres of Braemar Spring Barley Sean, took a bit of getting used to and was a bit tense for a while until I got into the swing of it.......Once I got a system going though in terms of lifting the press/drill/switching markers etc I was ok. I do have to confess to a stripe in one field though - although we can;t work out why, it looks as if the drive wheels have been jammed as there are parts of the width that have seed in and parts which do not and then the next width is fine  :-[

Currently looking for a new machine Sean although the 3095 will be staying as loader tractor with hopefully no haulage work for her to do. Apparently he was bidding on a 6490 at Cheffins just past but got pipped to it  :( . The 6480 should be due for replacement in September too as she'll be 3 year old.......

Thanks Colm  :)  Hope things are well with you mate.......

Nice up dates my old mate.

Cheers Oli. Hope things are well with you mate  :)

Hey Martin ive just be reading this from the start to the finish and i must say im loving it all masseys aswell  [img alt=;)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif i will be keeping a eye on this from now on well done  [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif 

Glad you approve of the Masseys  ;)

50 acres eh. is that all you do wheat / barley wise then?? always asumed you did more going by previous posts

Roughly 100 acres of arable in total Sean, the other 50 is in Winter Wheat which was sown by the contractor at the back end of last year

• 2 weeks later...

whats the machine parked in the straw shed? have the rollers worn the ends of the shafts out?

Machine in the straw shed is a Bicieffe straw bedder mate.......Rollers haven't worn the ends out - they're cracked inside - purely our own fault as we left water in them over-winter, but due to the crack they can't hold the water anymore so the local agri engineer is going to cut off the ends of each roller and replace the main shaft.......