tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

Nice looking wagon and drag Erik. What's it like to reverse or do you unhitch and box it from the front ??? ???

WHAT!!!! I am TRUCKDRIVER, and i reverse it ordinary it´quite easy, you need a a bit more space than a tractor trailer, I have tried a 25 m combination it´s the same. And i have never been on a place witout i came in and out. If you visit me we can try.

I didn't doubt you could not reverse it Erik...just the fact that it not so easy as an articulated trailer. I had better start practicing reversing with a 4 wheeled trailer before I come over ;) ;)

In DK when you get trailer license,you have to reverse rigth around a corner and the veichle have to be straight afterwards, (in G.B. i think it would be left) at the testdriving.Of course you will get better with more practice. the worst is to change between the combinations (you have to think in another way)

• 3 weeks later...

now from a farm in wales with a very good idea for his 956

8220Small.jpg

but maybe not quite for what you'd think ?

& no it's not for permanently tow starting , this farm has euro style silage heaps , lots of silage heaps over a large area , & one worker looks after 1000 acres , & a major beef job that keep him busy , so how does he keep machinery moving around by himself , well he doesn't take one machine out then walk back for the other , oh no

8221Small.jpg

8222Small.jpg

brilliant !

some of the welsh chaps may have heard of them , lyn jones , from bury port ,Nr pembury race course i think , he runs two volvo FH 16 cattle transporters ,always at the markets

well well marcus that nh and ih rig is my next door neibherrs  :D  i take it you spoke to mike haha , thats hell of yard they got isnt it he uses the hitch to go fetch the maize up the top  :)  the jcb telehandler couldnt have been working as her prefers it to the nh  :)

thats the fella rich , he was telling me the NH wasn't a patch on the JCB wouldn't last 5 mins doing what the JCB does , the visibility was another issue he had with it . trouble is the JCB has done nearly 6000 hours & he's having trouble with the torque converter , or whatever powers the transmission nowadays, so it wasn't being used , he was also expecting a brand new one later in the week  so it's effectively retired !

thats the fella rich , he was telling me the NH wasn't a patch on the JCB wouldn't last 5 mins doing what the JCB does , the visibility was another issue he had with it . trouble is the JCB has done nearly 6000 hours & he's having trouble with the torque converter , or whatever powers the transmission nowadays, so it wasn't being used , he was also expecting a brand new one later in the week  so it's effectively retired !

ye he hates the nh  :D  ye hes gone through a few sets of tyres too and shes only a 56 -07 plate  :-\  and sometimes she doesnt ingage the top gears ither  :-\  shes had her fair share of faults but he stil loves his jcb  :D  did you see the engine cover on the nh ?  :D 

ye he hates the nh  :D  ye hes gone through a few sets of tyres too and shes only a 56 -07 plate  :-\  and sometimes she doesnt ingage the top gears ither  :-\  shes had her fair share of faults but he stil loves his jcb  :D  did you see the engine cover on the nh ?  :D

i probably did but can't reacall anything different about it

• 2 weeks later...

well not a very productive week , most of the 8 wheelers went out but my farms were harder to choose , have to say artics arnt great for traction when empty ::)

here's a few pics

60120101Small.jpg

60120102Small.jpg

60120103Small.jpg

60120106Small.jpg

also had to go for service

just before i was leaving , this muppet tried getting in the yard with a loaded trailer , & before you comment on the way it looks to be coming in , he had actually tried coming in from the right of the picture  it took nearly 40 mins to get him off the road as the workshops had nothing to tow him in with due to the slope starting to freeze over again , so the driver just kept it in gear with difflocks on & kept grinding away till he' could move a few inches at a time , i think his service sheet also recomended 4 new drive tyres asap  ;D

70120101Small.jpg

70120102Small.jpg

70120103Small.jpg