tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

I bet an add for your job should read like mine mate.........lorry driver required for bulk feed delivery to farms knowledge of tree surgery and landscape gardening could be an advantage ::)

My job description differs by also including knowledge of road planning/resurfacing and on a bad day demolition :laugh:

Did better than tris in a Cornish lane then marcus ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D mind you it's good  job they ain't Scottish lanes mind they are really narrow apparently  :laugh: :laugh:

tris was quite unfortunate & dare say it could have been a lot worse  as for scotish lanes ? yes i've heard they can be quite narrow  ;D

::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)

Ive got it all to come havent I ?? by the way marcuss if i go through my firm they will only charge me

55 quid for the PCV thingy-mage-igg  ;) ;) ;)

CPC  you mean , sounds good nigel , but in reality , it should be paid for fully by the respective companys  :(  are you at wynstays then ? see a lot of their trucks about  as i run through carmarthen quite often & see their mill up in the hill

All those obstacles make the job more interesting. You could be sat on a motorway all day!

Get all four wheels off that 8x0 combine, get some adaptor plates and mount them on the 168.

motorway all day  :(

dont think i didn't think about it with the wheels & tyres , trouble is by the time the farmer got me there & finding the chassis i then couldn't find the farmer for any history  :(

She's an 850/855 or an 860 mate (at a push)... that's a 6 cylinder perkins in there for sure

strange to think it was someones pride & joy years ago , i wonder how many seasons she worked & acres cut

I bet an add for your job should read like mine mate.........lorry driver required for bulk feed delivery to farms knowledge of tree surgery and landscape gardening could be an advantage ::) 

My job description differs by also including knowledge of road planning/resurfacing and on a bad day demolition :laugh:

i think there's a few more colourfull words that could be added in the space's paul  ;D ;D

• 1 month later...

Image0506Small.jpg

Image0508Small.jpg

Image0509Small.jpg

not seen one of these before a 2210

Image0510Small.jpg

ahh it sort of went pop , just after cardiff gate services  :(

Image0514Small.jpg

Image0515Small.jpg

i was there for just over 2 hours so i wrote a little rhyme

i think i have a puncture

my tyre's a little flat,

patroll man asks , 'you have a problem ?'

i say ' what d'ya think you prat' ,

so i'm sat here on the M4

just past cardiff gate '

i spose i'll have to phone the farmer ,

to say his feed'll be late

once the tyre was replaced i was given directions to the neares commercial repairs yard up at cwmbran & found a little collection of trucks & so here's another few for bill

an increasingly rare scammell S26

Image0516Small.jpg

ERF E10?

Image0518Small.jpg

old  mog

Image0519Small.jpg

what a find , a scammell routeman MK3 in ARC livery , based ex- tavistock ! now retired in wales

Image0520Small.jpg

mighty scammell concstructor being refurbished

Image0524Small.jpg

two scammell contractors waiting their turn

Image0528Small.jpg

intresting pic there mate, never seen one of them 2210's either, although i bet you someone has a book on them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

saw one of those old moggys the other day down here, left hander with a flat bed on the back and 3 point, first one like that i have seen

a newer mog in for repairs ......................no hurry for this one  :-\

Image0525Small.jpg

the yards runabout , usually fitted to an old McConnel rear mount forklift

Image0536Small.jpg

a tidy little D2

Image0538Small.jpg

remember the legend "T45 the sound of thunder" ? no ? well that was the slogan for british Leyands new range of commercials which was rather ironic as at the time (1980)they were touting the fact it was the quietest truck on the market

well this was given to the test people at MIRA to evaluate , but it sort of never went back,  except to have a mid stear axle , after it was evaluated , it was once again left to MIRA who then used it fro trailer & tyre testing , it even had a full roll cage in the cab

just thought you might be interested

Image0537Small.jpg

lorry mounted crane thing .............*sniff*....................

Image0539Small.jpg

a real life britains suton road brush !

Image0545Small.jpg

handy although well worked little DB 885

Image0548Small.jpg

wonder why its parked up ?

flat battery ?

starter motor knackered ?

puncture ?

hydraulics packed up ?

hole in the engine

what ?

well only a small one !

Image0546Small.jpg

oh & when you've changed the big end shells , could you just put another filter on ?

Image0547Small.jpg

slightly newer & no sign of any holes a McCormick T3 ? whatever that means

Image0549Small.jpg

fordson ford holland or what ever they're called now  TM 135

Image0552Small.jpg

last up, my volvo had STOP WARNING BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE flash up on the dash at me so again i had to slum it in another lorry

a MERCEDES megaspace 2546

Merc254614810Small.jpg

all good but after building a hi-tech astheticly pleasing motor to which is a real joy to drive those bloody jolly germans chaps give you a sprung type mattress about 3inches thick to sleep on & apart from sleeping across the seats in various other trucks  it's been the most uncomfortable night out i've had yet !

it was too tall to load blends at the mill (i cracked a canopy beam & guttering , & slightly crumpled the trucks fibreglass air kit trying to reverse under it , so had to cart the stuff round the mill in 1t tote bins , no fun when it's raining & have 18tons to load)

oh was a bit tight in the lanes as well  ;D

Merc2546148102Small.jpg

it's brilliant looking at car drivers faces when they are confronted with a small block of highrise flats looming down at them  ;D ;D

More great finds Marcus.

A pimped Duncan cabbed JD 3130, why  :-\

Whats the story with the tractors in the shed, they seem to be a bit abandoned.

thanks

pimped 3130  because he can i spose  ;D  looked good though , sounded good as well  :)

not abandoned , some are used some are just collected  the big masseys come out for a  few local road runs & maybe a bit of powerharrowing at maize planting , when he's bored with his comfy JD cab  ;D

Nice finds Marcus shame about the Mercedes accident :of :of

shhhhhhh  ;D

i kept an eye on my side & that just & just went under , but i think the ground level is higher on the other , as i saw my side go under the beam i heard a crunch from the other side ! nothing serious , i managed to push the bits back &  from ground level you'd never know & is nothing compared to the scrapes on the N/S front bumper & that wasn't me

Nice in the commercial repairers yard mate, lovely collection of Scamscams.  :-*:-*

A lot of people say the same thing about the Megaspace. I think there is a luxury bunk you can have as an option, this is probably just fleet spec isn't it?

Nice in the commercial repairers yard mate, lovely collection of Scamscams.  :-*:-*

A lot of people say the same thing about the Megaspace. I think there is a luxury bunk you can have as an option, this is probably just fleet spec isn't it?

I think on my job i'd nickname the Merc Megash*t :laugh:

My boss was talking to me the other day about what lorry and trailer i'd like next year :of

some of the runners at Ron Greets yard

well 2 of these were runners  or at least had all their pars & were capable of running  :-\

& hey babe 2 out of 3 aint bad  ;);D

Image0332Small.jpg

880, 995 & 1056 basking in the sun  :)

Image0333Small.jpg

a nice find, a 2135 with cab & loader

Image0355Small.jpg

an even better find a very straight 185 with 80 loader

Image0354Small.jpg

not fit for any of the piles in the yard but a regular visitor to them all , RG's county 1164 FC

Image0350Small.jpg

i go to greets alot ,the 1056xl has a 1455 engine fitted  thts why the turbo sits on the out side of the bonnet, the 2135 is for sale at £2400 + vat as a mate of mine almost bought it but it needed all new tin work and the speedo was missing, the loader was made to fit and is older than the tractor. but starts first time every time. the mf 185 we were told was sold but its still there now.

• 4 weeks later...

ooo eeerrrrr driving for gregorys now are we mate, what did you recon to the renault then? ??? always look so big when you see them compaired to normal rigs

not really driving for gregorys sean just for a subbie for some extra pennies  although funnily enough i do still have some of my gregorys hi viz vests from MilkLink days !

yrah the magnum is a nice drive , first time i've driven an auto version though , they look big because they are big , forgot meself s few times & nearly fell to my death twice  ;D ;D ;D

the real difference in size , i was passed by an FM12 globetrotter like i usually drive & i could see across the top of it's cab !

oh also had a day on this wee beastie

made a change from farm delivery

Image0588Small.jpg

Image0589Small.jpg

Nice big high and roomy cabs on the Magnum Marcus ...did you like it ??? ???

Stuart had two on the slideback low loader before the 143 and T cab but I tended to get sea sick...very swing about cabs I always thought.