tractors, machinery & trucks on my journeys

MJB1

they are so high down to being flat floored inside aint they marcus??? all the ones i have seen do seem very wobbly, cant say i would want to go in one ,do remember one hit a old lady on a crossing up my nans many years back, poor guy did not see her as it was so high, didnt even stop till a car caught up with him, 

bill it's a nice motor to drive & contrary to belief , they dont feel that big once yer driving them , it's not till an XF or a FH come alongside you 'feel' the difference , i think the cab suspension can be set to how you want it , i didn't find the roll too badd on this one & yes it has a flat floor but the merc a few pages back also had one

• 1 month later...

MF135

Image0622Small.jpg

MF165 & 35x

Image0623Small.jpg

JD 4250

Image0625Small.jpg

at one farm i spotted this .........

Image0627Small.jpg

it's an ERF ECS, there were 4 of these based at Sparkford milk depot OVA, OVB, OVC & OVD & my regular drive for the period i was there was OVA which now resides on a farm near warminster for their own use !

bill it's a nice motor to drive & contrary to belief , they dont feel that big once yer driving them , it's not till an XF or a FH come alongside you 'feel' the difference , i think the cab suspension can be set to how you want it , i didn't find the roll too badd on this one & yes it has a flat floor but the merc a few pages back also had one

Great topic Marcus, the guy that my dad does some part time driving for has some magnums as well as FH's and fromerly Dafs and as you say the size difference is massive. The older magnums were bad for cab roll apparently. Although the step arrangement isnt the best on a wet windy night.

• 3 weeks later...

right lets see what i been seen  ???

a grimme continental 82, i very good condition considering it's age

Picture014Small-3.jpg

well worked fiat 7??

Picture010Small-3.jpg

international 52

Image0663Small.jpg

according to the farmer a very troublesome & wish i'd never seen the bl00dy thing CASE 155 puma ?

Picture005Small-4.jpg

on the same farm as the puma ,an on farm since new a very trouble free Deutz DX 110

Picture004Small-3.jpg

again on the same farm as the puma ,an on farm since new & very tidy DB 995

Picture003Small.jpg

thanks bill the DB is a little gem , & the deutz is quite a find in that condition & still only one owner from new , he also has a deutz 6.30 4wd from new in the same condition

always a crowd pleaser on the forum , the ford 7810

Picture012Small-2.jpg

Picture013Small-2.jpg

& a little 135 on estate maintainance duties

Image0666Small.jpg

More great finds there. The Deutz and DB are a real credit to the farmer and almost unique to find in such a condition on a livestock farm and in regular use.

The International 52 as you call it is actually a 454, the 52 refers to the tractors horsepower. The lowered cab is undoubtedly for scrapping in low buildings and is well done complete with side windows and windscreen.

Great update mate.... now then... was that a narrow MF135 with the roll over frame on it mate ???

certainly looks like a narrow tractor to my eye plus it has the correct original safety frame for a narrow tractor.

not sure it looks like it should be , it looks to be an early one though , swept axle & it has the cast aluminium 135 medallionsso early - mid 60's ?

not sure it looks like it should be , it looks to be an early one though , swept axle & it has the cast aluminium 135 medallionsso early - mid 60's ?

it would have had shorted trumpet housings mate if it was a narrow... you'd have noticed how near the fenders were to each other I'm sure.

My guess... it's a standard model with that frame having been grafted on afterwards

blimey he must be a short farmer to get into that ih marcus, would be easier to remove the cab to be honest if hieght isthat much of an issue for him

That wouldnt keep the horizontal rain off though, or the vertical stuff for that matter... ;)