Britains MF 590/ Britains 'rarest' tractor?

volvoman

Couple of questions for the historical experts -

1) I noticed another 'MF 590' had appeared on Ebay the the other day-how many of these were actually produced has anyone any ideas,I know the production run was only around 12 months but just wondered if anyone had ay idea of numbers?

2) Britains 'rarest' tractor any one any views or ideas-(accepting the fact that the word 'rare' appears to be a somewhat  overused on Ebay !!).By rarest I mean in terms of numbers produced rather than the older models that have come scarcer over time.

Thanks guys.

Could I extend this a bit further-

1)The top 5 'rarest' tractors in tems of production numbers.(excluding pre- production or experimental versions)

2) The top 5 rarest implements or other models -again excluding those items that have become scarce through time and the above.

(Wish I Had had a ?1 for every time I had read 'rare' [allegedly!] on Ebay!!!! ;)

The rarest model to date I think is the John Deere gold plated 8330T for agritechnica with approx 115 models produced...soon to be beaten however  ;)

Did you ever get one Andy? Can't believe I missed one for you, actually at 115 I can quite believe it!!  :-[

The Industrial 5000SM is the rarest Britains as far as I know.

The rarest is not just the number made, it is also the availability for obtaining surely...

I think that is the most important factor.  :)

Another "rare" one is the Microsoft New Holland from last year at 500 units, not rare yet but in years to come I would think it will be as I'm sure a few are already toys. These have been known to make ?60 to ?80 each already although I have seen the odd one make around ?30 so the limitation of this model is not widely known yet.

I think I would agree that the rarest has to be the 5000 industrial, I would guess that many of the MF590's that are about are not original and I would be very cautious before spending copious amounts of hard earned cash on one, someone once stated a few things to watch for with the 590 in the early days of the forum, I think it was ploughmaster (Where is he these days??) and it was quite educational, all to do with wheel centres being cut out and what material the hitch was made from etc, I think anyone in the market for one of thes needs to make themselves aware of all these facts before commiting to buying something that might only be worth ?50

What about the gold MB Trac  ???

One sold this time last year on German Ebay for ?1,000.00

You also have the US Deutz Allis it's rare and the Vermeer Baler, US Milk truck and US NewHolland combine in the red dealers box.  There's the Newholland tractor for the Greek market also think it's a TN90? Not to sure about that model number.

The rarest model to date I think is the John Deere gold plated 8330T for agritechnica with approx 115 models produced...soon to be beaten however  ;)

begger me I saw them there last year did,nt realise they where a rarity just thougt they looked cr.p how much were they selling for Andy do you know I did,nt give them a second glance

begger me I saw them there last year did,nt realise they where a rarity just thougt they looked cr.p how much were they selling for Andy do you know I did,nt give them a second glance

You would struggle to pick one up now for less than ?300

One sold this time last year on German Ebay for ?1,000.00

You also have the US Deutz Allis it's rare and the Vermeer Baler, US Milk truck and US NewHolland combine in the red dealers box.  There's the Newholland tractor for the Greek market also think it's a TN90? Not to sure about that model number.

is the nh tr85 in a red dealer box rare then?? never knew that ,best keep the one i have in the loft on the top shelf if it is

Couple of questions for the historical experts -

1) I noticed another 'MF 590' had appeared on Ebay the the other day-how many of these were actually produced has anyone any ideas,I know the production run was only around 12 months but just wondered if anyone had ay idea of numbers?

2) Britains 'rarest' tractor any one any views or ideas-(accepting the fact that the word 'rare' appears to be a somewhat  overused on Ebay !!).By rarest I mean in terms of numbers produced rather than the older models that have come scarcer over time.

Thanks guys.

isn't the rarest britains tractor the green proto type fordson e27n which recently sold for ?3300 at auction

If i remember correctly  the 590 is only rare as britains didn't have a propper licence to produce it and so it then became the 595    so as to the question of its rarity  I wonder how many of them where actually rebadged and reboxed when britains got their hands slapped :-\

The valmets are rare, but 7000 were released of each colour. I think there were approximately 3000 fiat hesstons produced.

I know recently, the Britains archive book was sold at auction, it contained production numbers of every model produced from the start of production to around 1980.

I will endevour to find out who won the item and see if we can get some information from that.

hard to know whats classified as rare

production faults or small production or scratch build etc

out of all of them the MF 590 story is very intreging to

say the least ,no one has ever said "This is actualy what happend"

wheather  MF and britains had a fall out in the peter baron book

it says "maybee MF wanted some 590s produced for a short while

by britains"

have we ever had confermation that it was a deliberate production run

or accidental/mistake run also in the book it says the 590 was called 590

in the 1977 catologue can anyone say wheather this is true  :'(

also if the 590 was a mistake will it show in that "britains production log"

I wonder  :-\