Sectional layout requested for show competition.

NIGEL FORD

I have been approached to make a sectional layout for major shows next year so youngsters of all ages can "compete" using the SIKU radio  control tractors on a scenic setting playbase that can be taken to shows for the paying public to take part in. Anyone wishing to entertain such a project should contact me in confidence at the factory on 01424 838336 as there is no way I've got the time or inclination to do it!

My main concern is whether the models/ batteries would stand up to constant use or be fair according to the power in the batteries if competeing against the clock on a down battery? How long do they take to recharge? Nigel.

I think the batteries were 70mins to charge, 30mins 'normal' play time?....cant find the link with it in though :-\ :-\

you may also need a supply of batteries for the controllers as well

I think the Fendt is faster than the JD, DT said something like that when he made his RC claas combine :-*:-*

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6546.0

if your going top use them for a race track, then maybe some of grahams buidings may be good ,they are hellish tough and have removable roofs so they can see whats going on inside to if thats part of the challange,easy to get there to given the flat pack side of them,  mine and some of the others would be ok , but a couple of knocks would prob take them down ,as they aint really play items

thats a good idea mate, although might be a bit difficult for the kids ???? not us maybe , but grahams has to be the way to go for that sort of event, ,with the abbility to remove the roofs, you can add a whole new dimension to the event like implement picking up ,or trailer un loading to add to the fun, heck where will it be as i will have a go to

One idea

Make one large layout consisting of MINI layouts

a task in each layout ie move a trailer pick up an implement (can be done using rear A frame without hands involved!)

the mini layouts are all the same

4 of them say and four people "race" at the same time to do all the tasks

I think the batteries were 70mins to charge, 30mins 'normal' play time?....cant find the link with it in though :-\ :-\

you may also need a supply of batteries for the controllers as well

I think the Fendt is faster than the JD, DT said something like that when he made his RC claas combine :-*:-*

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6546.0

ive had my rc tractors almost 2 years now and have only just changed the controler batteries and they have been used a hell of alot at shows for driving comps so a set would last a few shows no problem ;) main problem is the tractor batteries running out.

fendt will be faster as its on bigger tyres ::)

ive had my rc tractors almost 2 years now and have only just changed the controler batteries and they have been used a hell of alot at shows for driving comps so a set would last a few shows no problem ;) main problem is the tractor batteries running out.

fendt will be faster as its on bigger tyres ::)

not yet changed the controller batteries but dont use it often. Tractor one needs a charge ;)

• 3 weeks later...

just been speaking to peter love (editor of t&m mag) this layout is his little project, he has found someone to build it and they are making it so you have to manovour a tractor and control trailer, back into a shed etc and tip the load up then travel back to the begining, its timed and will be at t&m events. He has had 6 tractors supplied and 2 trailers, big siku promotion ;)

peter is keen for all us tractor nuts to display at future events and is willing to help us push the hobbie into the publics eyes as he feels it dosnt get enough coverage.