Britains JQ 7920 wheels

nashmach

Question

Well, after Nasher's epic attempt at changing a few tyres, the job  was handed over to me for remdial works, involving drilling both broken ends of the track rod and refitting them together with a piece of wire, plus a few adjustments to the tyres ::). Might get a few photos up next week if I think of it. Unfortunately my JQ collection is now getting worryingly large :-[

Right, so I finally got around to taking some photos of the finished job. As you can see, the tyres are a big improvement over the old ones. The rear wheels need to be pulled out off the axle slightly to allow enough room for the wheels to turn easily. The front track rod was easy enough to fix, I just drilled out each side with a 0.6mm bit and a pin vise and glued it back together with a piece of wire inside for strength

post-22-132638563338_thumb.jpg

post-22-132638563344_thumb.jpg

OK its there now :-[. The front wheels still look out at a funny angle, but what would you expect, its a John Deere. As long as the gearbox doesn't give up or the tractor go on fire I'll be happy :D :D :D. I was just happy to get the track rod back together without thinking about altering the toe-in. Anyway I havent really got a job for her so she will be sitting idle most of the time (just as well maybe ;D)

OK its there now :-[. The front wheels still look out at a funny angle, but what would you expect, its a John Deere. As long as the gearbox doesn't give up or the tractor go on fire I'll be happy :D :D :D. I was just happy to get the track rod back together without thinking about altering the toe-in. Anyway I havent really got a job for her so she will be sitting idle most of the time (just as well maybe ;D)

She will probably be still giving trouble  :D :D