standen tornado

due to no access in the shed at the mo, i have started this earlier than i wanted to, but am kinda stuck, i only have pics from this months ct mag for ref, have done a full search on tinternet, with very little success ,can anyone help with some more pics of one?? know they are rare ,have even contacted standen direct with no joy, not even a sorry we can't help e-mail reply

post-46-132638548842_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638548845_thumb.jpg

we have one of these at college but its powered by a white d.b, very interesting and 'small' machine. we have just got it started again, hopefully next year we will be getting to use this beast..............

i might make an attempt of making one identical to ours some time.................

thanks...............

and good luck tractorman

cheers lads, and to marky for popping in, sent them two e-mails now asking for basic info and a few pics but no replys?????

did think about a case powered one like the ct article then saw they did 590 and 690 powered ones ,and a 390/398  one too which i didnt know 

cheers lads, and to marky for popping in, sent them two e-mails now asking for basic info and a few pics but no replys?????

did think about a case powered one like the ct article then saw they did 590 and 690 powered ones ,and a 390/398  one too which i didnt know 

Well.... back in "my day" (in a yorkshire accent)... It were Massey 135's on them  ;)

the cyclons had the smaller power packs to them but they were only single rows,these are t wo version,,i have to confess and say i did also consider a ford 6600 powered version at first,but then i thought it may de value the model for me or blow up?

:o :o :o - Sean... YOU must see a doctor if this happens again mate  >:(:D :D

cheers gav, they seem to be rare as now adays from the article, prob why i am having probs finding pics of them

I've seen a few working in the A17 area but i don't get that way very often, i think i've seen one near the Thorney bypass roundabout on the A47 as well, maybe something someone in that area could checkout ??? Up till last year there was someone locally running one with a db skid unit but its gone now

hey sean one of my DBs or the CASE would look perfect on your tornado  :D :D :D

just look on ebay  :D :D

alli can say sean is that looks bobon yet again i wouldent have even started thinking about one till next year after florida now you have beaten me to it

my god she looks good  :P :P :P :P :P :P

you got some work on there mate, i keep looking at standen cyclones, with thoughts of building a model, there used to be lots around here but the six rowers have taken over, but it is the last year as york beet factory ends after this harvest.   i never seen one like yours round here.

Christ Sean you are taking on a project and a half with this one mate!!! No doubt it is going to look like real bybthe time you have cut, bent, glued, pinned, screwed, painted it all though. Talent where talent is due mate.

you got some work on there mate, i keep looking at standen cyclones, with thoughts of building a model, there used to be lots around here but the six rowers have taken over, but it is the last year as york beet factory ends after this harvest.   i never seen one like yours round here.

i can only ever remember seeing one ,the ford powered one, and even then i aint sure it was a tornado, just saw the ct mag bit about them, and need a beet harvestor, so of i went, really down to the fact i am getting shed withdrawal at present, ,wasn't going to start till next spring otherwise,