Hackett 16ft Mounted Chain Harrows

I am seriously concidering it, so it will at least pay for itself as the tube wasn't that cheap and the investment in a mitre saw.  :-\ Also the hours that its taken up, however if they were made in batches the time would be cut at a guess.  :) What sort of money would they be worth?  ???

They're worth whatever you want them to be mate, you are the only one who knows what all of the supplies required to make it costed. Looks good so far mate, impressive work you've done there!  :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the glues now set, so i thought I'd have a play. Also, I slightly underestimated the weight of the chains, so have had to add some extra links around the sides, which are to be drilled some time tommorow.  :)

post-409-132638551676_thumb.jpg

Guest XYLON524

I have to echo CCFs comment there there priced at what you want them to be as they are your line when is this prototype going to be painted and finished, i would have a couple of sets of you as im interested

I have to echo CCFs comment there there priced at what you want them to be as they are your line when is this prototype going to be painted and finished, i would have a couple of sets of you as im interested

Yer fair point. Shall have to have a think and look further than B&Q.  :D::) ::)

Ok, next I have got to sort out the linkage. The main problem is that I don't know what height to set it at, as this varies so much throughout the various manufacturers, with UH being the biggest problem, as it will need to be set higher and on a slight angle, so keeps straight. I'm thinking make it for UH as these would look best on the implement. Unless I can make standardised method that fits all manufactures. :-\ Let me know what you think.  :)

post-409-132638551739_thumb.jpg

post-409-132638551747_thumb.jpg

go for u/h, it covers a wide range of tractor options, older britains should be simular, no point looking at tractors over 150hp as you wouldnt use anything that big, average would be 100hp at a guess, if not smaller.

your main problem will be the tractor "rearing up" if the frame is too heavey, a  bit smaller box may work better like you said.

cant wait to see the finished product ;)

if you are using a siku linkage adapter as a linkage then wtach as it can slip of the uh hook

just found that out as i put my scaledown bomford on the back of my new blue cx105, fell straight of and lost two of the small pins holding the rams in  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( good job i have a few bits or brass rod spare

yeah, that or squeze the arms in a bit, seeing as it does a similar thing on britains ones to ,so i have just found out

Suppose you could extend the points slightly, maybe with solder?  :-\

lean taught somthing new every day  ;):D :D

ill lift it next time  ::)

ill have to tell my teacher (my uncle ) just cant get the staff these days  ::);):D

Thanks for the help. The linkage is now set so that it does not touch the ground, however was quite a challenge as Uh linkage is set on the p!ss compared to other manufacturers which are straight.  :-\ However should be good all the same.  ;)