JD 7920 with HeVa / Opico frontlift UPDATE (pics)

Here is my latest creations for my John Deere 7920 tractor. Lights and an upcoming frontlift!

The tractor is an ERTL 1/16th scale JD 7920 Coll Ed. made radio contolled.

See more from the beginning at

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10802.msg181435#msg181435

I removed material from the original lights. Painted them silver inside and fittet some 3mm LED's.

The 'bulb'? is made by clear epoxy and finished with a thin coat of lacquer.

94207920_721.jpg

Light2.jpg

Light1.jpg

Light.jpg

The rearhitch is made 'one way' working...

Now it will not press the implement down and raise the drive wheels. The implements now follows the terrain:

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0063-1.jpg

A frontlift is under construction:

I am building in styrene -plastic.

I wanted to build it in brass, but figured that I would start out with styrene and see how it would work. Mostly because it's a lot easier to deal with.

Strenght is OK, but a little flexy.

Underneath the tractor and over the stabilizer bar I will mount the servo for lifting action.

For now the stabilizer is ready...

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

P2031129.jpg

P2031127.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Have a nice day!

Anders Kolpen

Denmark

Yes, it's a crane.

The glasshouse is 1000m2 with everything you need as a modeltrucker. Roads, buildings, sand grave?, etc.... in 1/16th scale, for excavators, trucks, forklifts, dumpers and so on. All radio controlled.

Really a cool project.

In the beginnig of this year me and another member of this group, is going to start the farm part. With tractors and fieldwork.

More photos and videos to come in near future!

Anders Kolpen

Denmark

You mean drawbar hp between my two tractors 9420T & 7920?

Sure it would be the 9420T!

Imagine 4,5-5kg/10 pounds, tracked vehicle, make spin on no matter what surface.

That tractor is incredible strong, compared to the 2WD 7920 tractor.

The 7920 also make spin on no matter what surface because of a very strong gearunit. But with it's ~3kg and 2WD it can't pull too much.

Next thing to the 7920 will be dual rear wheels as this will make it heavier, have a bigger contact to the ground and I can more or less kill the problem of the differential letting one wheel spin while another is stuck.

Thanks for you interest!

Anders Kolpen 

Yes, it's a crane.

The glasshouse is 1000m2 with everything you need as a modeltrucker. Roads, buildings, sand grave?, etc.... in 1/16th scale, for excavators, trucks, forklifts, dumpers and so on. All radio controlled.

Really a cool project.

In the beginnig of this year me and another member of this group, is going to start the farm part. With tractors and fieldwork.

More photos and videos to come in near future!

Anders Kolpen

Denmark

That sounds like everyone on FTF's dream  ;D

Any more pictures of this big layout Anders?

@Mattias71

Thank you very much!  ;)

thats absolutely awesome were did you find all that space and them models are awesome

You mean the space inside the tractor or the space for the 'diorama'?

Well, for the last part I got in contact with some R/C truckers and that way I found out about the greenhouse. Cool place that keeps getting more and more detailed.

A lot of the people down there has their trucks and just drive around. But what's more interesting is the wheelloaders, excavators and mounted cranes on the trucks that all works perfect togehter.

Anders Kolpen

@TRACTERROR

Sounds interesting!!! Do you by any chance have some pics to show?

I did a little search for a small differential....

www.kleine-laster.de has some. But at 199? ...  :o

www.trino.de is planning SOMETHING about a differential for siku contr. tractors (keep checking his forum)

www.modelltruck.de - you can get plenty of help here if you need information on where to get or how to make it yourself. Do a search for 'diff' and you will see some 1:24 trucks with homemade diffs (even with diff locks).

/Anders

if any of us brits did anything like this we'd all accuse each other of having too much time on our hands , Anders your time seems well spent , the sets & the models really recreate the working environment we all want to be a part of in 1/32 & 1/16 land , well done , look forward to seeing more  :) :) :)

why are us brits so against the WTD  :D:-\

Hi Kolpen ,thanks for the search bud ,much appreciated ,the first prototype is now living in Clitheroe Lancashire England with my best mate Paul Whitehead ,who gave me the idea to do it ,if I can pry it from his hands for a weekend I will photograph it and post or e-mail you some pics ,but the basics are as follows ,Paul purchased a Siku Control JD 6920s and I went to work splitting it down and discarding any unuseable parts to the spares box ,then I took a Britains 7500 forager,split this down and started to position the drive motor and the other components into the forager ,obviously a bit of cutting and re-inforcing was needed as was a bit of patience and a steady hand ,but hopefully I can get a few pics and show you the finished product and the internals ,as for No 2 it is a pile of bits just now until I get that perfect diff,I have found one on e-bay that might do ,its in an X-Mods Honda Civic,Cant complain if the part is from The Power Of Dreams (My favourite cars) but will keep you posted on the progress,thanks again,rgds,Kev

@mjb1

Thank you very much!

;)

@Tracterror

The rear diff from these cars should work too. Problem is, if I remember correct that they don't have a solid axle for the output. Nothing that can't be fixed though! Have you ever considered using a servo for drive motor? Instead of the SIKU contr. unit? For a forage harvester you would probably have the space to fit regular eletronics like, batterypack, receiver, servos etc.

see this link for hacking a servo to be proportional in both direction, 360degr., with built in speed controller.

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.electronicsplanet.ch/indservo.htm

The better with 'regular' RC parts, is that you don't have to point at the model (SIKU infrared) and you will be able to control the machine more realistic.

I look forward to see your creations!

/Anders

• 4 weeks later...

The hitch-frame is now mounted.

Sideplates, top, stabilizer bar and mounts are ready. It is now totally alligned with tractor and everything sit perfect. As this is not just a model, but also a working vehicle, it needs to be made solid.

I said before that the styrene material was a bit flexy, but okay for the time. As time has gone and I following the instructions from the drawings, the reinforced parts has made the whole thing VERY solid and stable.

The 'bolts' is from a BRUDER Joskin trailer's wheelhubs  :lol:

Now I need to make the cylinders, liftarms and the servo to raise and lower. MORE TO COME  8)

Here is a short videoclip from the manufactures website;

http://www.he-va.com/index.php?page=4&id=29&video=67

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

More news to the tractor.

I installed a German precision motor in the tractor called Faulhaber.

The god thing about this motor is:

No noise

Low RPM

Extreme torque

Low current cosumption

My gearbox went down from 208:1 to 124:1 to deal with the lower RPM motor. Still it is able to pull much more than the previous regular motor.

Really a smooth and quiet ride now  :wink:

Right now I use one digital servo for my rear 3 pt. hitch. The future (next 14 days) is to install two digital servos for the fronthitch and the steering.

Thing is, that with a digtal servo I am able to program the speed and a lot of other thing from a computer.

Slowing the speed to a minimum makes the tractor perform more realistic, like 'oil pressure' if you know what I mean.

The high speed standart is a big problem for todays trucks, tractors etc. But good for aeroplanes and fast cars. 

Enjoy the pics.

/Anders

I almost laugh when I see this, in a good way. I am just blown away that someone has managed to do all this in such a small scale, it all looks like a real piece of machinery being designed, tested and made. You are a genius, I have said it before and I will keep saying it!!