Boxing Models

FW

Moving to the farm at last any month, when the builders are done ::), so need to box up my models. Most are MIB, however a few of my older britains and siku boxes have no inners. Whats my best bet to box these up? Fill the boxes with newspaper shreddings perhaps. :-\ Any thoughts would be much appreciated, as I have models and boxes everywhere and need sorting out.  ::):) :)

I have the Britains KARATE figures, but no Boxing models. ::);):D

Seriously though when I moved out of the farm I got a lot of heavy cardboard stacking boxes f.oc.from the supermarkets, various depths but all the same size so they can be piled high and loaded the models unboxed from the glass display cabinets into these separated by kitchen roll ( not bog roll it's very dusty) and positioned so that the delicate protrusions weren't touching anything.

Trouble is after 7+ years I've never had time to get them out again and there's probably 3 times as many now with all those bought since, most still in their boxes.The original boxes from the first 35 yrs of collecting were put inside each other but the trouble would be having to get them all out of each other to find any particular one. (might have to hire the village hall one day....er ...week!)

I have the Britains KARATE figures, but no Boxing models. ::);):D

Seriously though when I moved out of the farm I got a lot of heavy cardboard stacking boxes f.oc.from the supermarkets, various depths but all the same size so they can be piled high and loaded the models unboxed from the glass display cabinets into these separated by kitchen roll ( not bog roll it's very dusty) and positioned so that the delicate protrusions weren't touching anything.

Trouble is after 7+ years I've never had time to get them out again and there's probably 3 times as many now with all those bought since, most still in their boxes.The original boxes from the first 35 yrs of collecting were put inside each other but the trouble would be having to get them all out of each other to find any particular one. (might have to hire the village hall one day....er ...week!)

:D :D :D Yeah fruit boxes would work as I wouldn't have to stack them up, stopping the boxes from squashing and unboxed from breaking. Cheers for the idea.  :)

This is what I have done for moving unboxed models to display at countless toy shows. Find decent-sized cardboard boxes, something that will hold 5 or 6 tractors. Put the tractors in so that they aren't touching each other or the sides of the box, then fill the boxes with packing "peanuts" ( the little polystyrene nuggets).

I've hauled models hundreds of miles this way including Ertl precisions and Universal Hobbies pieces and the only trouble I've had was when the cat knocked a box I had stupidly put on a stool, to the floor. It contained a UH Valtra, 2 McCormicks, Deutz Agrotron TTV, DCP Versatile Big Roy and Big Bud 747. Only damage was a slight paint chip in the mudguard of the Deutz. (I couldn't catch up with the cat  >:( or it might have been damaged too.)

Hope this is of some help.