tyre fitter transit

I have been meaning to do this for a while.  We used to get puncture after puncture up on the flinty ground that we used to work, so for the diorama I thought I would make use of the britains transit and turn it into a tyre fitters truck.

post-586-132638558117_thumb.jpg

post-586-13263855812_thumb.jpg

that looks good graham  nice touch to any display  :) :)

oh .............i take it thats the fergie from anfields pitch care ......leave the tractor & tell the driver to rut it up a bit . the way liverpool are playing they'll not notice anyway  :D :D :D :D

The transit is modelled on a Kent firm called Watling Tyres which have an agricultural department and they still have the little aluminium cover for the compressor. The tools come with a 1/43 scale volkswagon whcih is in a garage diorama and I cut all of the tools off of it and used them on this. I don't think they look too bad for scale in the back of the truck. I also think it will look good on a display, you always get a puncture either when you are flat right out cracking on or just as you are about to go home. Come on you REDS, YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.  Thanks for all of your comments. ;D ;D ;D

The transit is modelled on a Kent firm called Watling Tyres which have an agricultural department and they still have the little aluminium cover for the compressor. The tools come with a 1/43 scale volkswagon whcih is in a garage diorama and I cut all of the tools off of it and used them on this. I don't think they look too bad for scale in the back of the truck. I also think it will look good on a display, you always get a puncture either when you are flat right out cracking on or just as you are about to go home. Come on you REDS, YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.  Thanks for all of your comments. ;D ;D ;D

to right G!!!!!

whats the VW set??, dont think i've come across one :-\ :-\

Now i never knew that .... How many other Watling tyres places are there around Kent then Graham? I also never knew they had an agricultural department although they have got a huge lanz outside the door. Derrr me. We've got one down the road if anyone wants any pictures of a perfectly painted Lanz ....

I'm not sure how many depots there are around, but I know that there is one in Maidstone, Ashford, and Canterbury but not sure though how far out they travel. The sets fb are cararama, there were some on ebay but haven't  seen any lately.  I got mine from a TK max store if ever you did. ??? The sets have got some nice bits in, like head gaskets and fan belts hanging on the wall, battery, computer, toolbox worth looking out for. :) :) :)

only back to the bottom of the premmiership   :D :D :D

got to look for a transit now :-\

what you mean is 3rd from top :) :) :);)

got a transit, just need some tools. Although another may be required if the same design as above :-\ :-\

you sure picked up a rock there Garrett.  I would think you might be able to get a transit on e-bay mjb. Thanks for all your comments.  I didn't seem to have any prblems on the farm with Watlings wejust used to have one fella come out from Canterbury and he seemed to be on the ball.