MF 200 trailer

Mike R

I would assume from the size of it , about 4 ton.

Forget that answer, i've just dug out a 1982 MF pocket catalogue and the MF 200 monocoque trailer comes in, 7, 8.5, 9, and 10 tonnes sizes, so presumably the Britains is a 7 tonner.

I hadn't realised before but the 200 trailer range covers bale trailers, dropsides and monocoques from 2.5 up to 10 tonne capacity all listed as MF 200's.

Forget that answer, i've just dug out a 1982 MF pocket catalogue and the MF 200 monocoque trailer comes in, 7, 8.5, 9, and 10 tonnes sizes, so presumably the Britains is a 7 tonner.

I hadn't realised before but the 200 trailer range covers bale trailers, dropsides and monocoques from 2.5 up to 10 tonne capacity all listed as MF 200's.

not really mate, the britains trailer is a casting based on a dropsider so by rights , it would be no bigger than  5t maximum

we had two 8t monocoque trailers at cricket malherbie, rubbish trailers they were , the chassis wasn't stong enough & the drawbars kept snaping , & as for silage sides ! masset has this half baked idea of using canvas sheet instead of tailboards & the worst bit was trying to fasten the damn things  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

at least that has a bar to go up & down with it , the ones we had were two U shaped pieces of metal that hung down on the ends of the trailer sides , you put the bar attatched to the sheet in the u 's then forced them down past the the point of center , it was the tension of the sheet that kept them there , when tipping it was the weight of the silage that released the sheet, real pain to get them back down again  >:( walt had two of his teeth knocked out when the darn things sprung back when trying to fasten them shut  :( :( :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, the current MAS built range is the 700 trailer which serves as silage/grain/dump and flatbed trailers.

from massey ferguson...the "Lets get someone else to make it" company.

do massey stil market "trailers2 then?? havnt seen any broucghures in the local dealers, just mas group ones in red if asked for when ordering