Found an old Britains drill and thought it could be made into a DA mounted drill, but after chopping lumps off for a couple of hours, there wasn't much left of the original. Plan is to make it demountable with stands.  Still a long way to go.  :)

post-300-132638565082_thumb.jpg

Found an old Britains drill and thought it could be made into a DA mounted drill, but after chopping lumps off for a couple of hours, there wasn't much left of the original. Plan is to make it demountable with stands.  Still a long way to go.  :)

I tried the very same thing before John and like you I ended up with a hopper, a fan and some coulters!

I think the coulters are set too far back on the accord frame for it to work as it is, it really needs a pretty much scratch built chassis for it all to look right when mounted on the drill.  :-\

Same as you Jase, and I checked and the hopper's not exactly the right size either ( ;D) so I would probably have been better ebaying the drill.

It is going  to be for a 3.0m power harrow, as the end coulters were broken anyway. As it is there it will clear the packer roller, the fan is in the right place re-p/harrow gearbox and looks 'about right'. :)

• 3 months later...