tandem roller

apart from the grader & a few generators i supose this is my first scratch build  :-\

in real life rolling with a single flat ballast 8ft roller was a brain dead job , was chuffed when my old boss bought a kit to get the two rollers we had, he & i welded bolted & beat it together in an evening , so why not get one sorted for carpet farming  ;)

as per usual the main materials are electrical conduit :D

tandemflatroller.jpg

the roller cylinder is built up from white overflow pipe & doweling

tandemflatroller1.jpg

in transport

tandemflatroller2.jpg

lead drawbar in working position

tandemflatroller3.jpg

secondary drawbar in working position

tandemflatroller4.jpg

the complete unit will be resprayed blue when time allows

So this is the project you've been telling me about then, looks very good to me :);)

will have to modify the lead drawbar as unlike real tractors the lift arms are in the way, the secondary drawbar also needs lengthening a small amount  :) other than that it all works as it should  :)

Should work now Marcu - nowt wrong just thought you might like it for decals etc

don't think i'll be putting decals on mate

Looking good Marcus!!, why not make a complete set and not worry about the Kidd roller :-\ :-\

going to have to learn how to cast in resin , then i might do just that , but untill then its a bit fiddly & time consuming , thats taken me all morning !

looks damn good though....then if you did make another like above you could get your own gang of 5. 6 , 7...see where i'm going here ;D ;D

i see where yer going ben , but believe me , two of these rollers with this type of set up is more than enough  ;)

they would look good as a set of ring rollers to wouldnt they

no point making cambridge rolls like that as skiu & britains make fold up sets complete with clod breakers

very good marcus, next time i'm down your way i will drop  in some electric trunking. then you can make me a new car. ;D ;D

if i did that i may last longer than the rover group did last time  :D :D :D

Ooooh look at you Mr Smartypants!!!!!!!!! Where has all this time come from you seem to have found for your conversions and now, scratchbuilds ??? Does that secret model shop in town sell spare time aswell  ???

I have to say Marcus As much as it annoys me, begrudgingly, regrettably, through gritted teeth. . .. this little pasture care set looks fantastic!!! I love it, you seem to be making a lot of things we have all missed. Gav is coming round to 'the way' now and has a few smaller/older impliments in his mind to do and what with this little lot you have done lately, old is best  ;):):D

Good work mate. Shame you don't come to the dairy (not for you I am sure mind!!) so I could see these in the flesh. Good excuse for a visit when I am home though, pop a few cold ones in the fridge  ;)

Ooooh look at you Mr Smartypants!!!!!!!!! Where has all this time come from you seem to have found for your conversions and now, scratchbuilds ??? Does that secret model shop in town sell spare time aswell  ???

I have to say Marcus As much as it annoys me, begrudgingly, regrettably, through gritted teeth. . .. this little pasture care set looks fantastic!!! I love it, you seem to be making a lot of things we have all missed. Gav is coming round to 'the way' now and has a few smaller/older impliments in his mind to do and what with this little lot you have done lately, old is best  ;):):D

Good work mate. Shame you don't come to the dairy (not for you I am sure mind!!) so I could see these in the flesh. Good excuse for a visit when I am home though, pop a few cold ones in the fridge  ;)

That was supposed to be our little secret ::) ::):D :D :D :D ;)