BRITAINS COUNTY 754

Glad you liked the pictures.

The fordsons are both originals as you can se from the paint loss and niether of them have rear lights.The trailers and cabs are just blue trailers painted yellow.

The cabs are repros.The one trailer does have proper ddn wheels though.

Your cabs are 6x style and not ddn, finishes them of well though. This was going to be my next question, but you are way ahead of me ;D These cabs also available in blue as well as yellow.

Ddn one's are not as as tall and don't have the bit's that go under the fuel tank, they don't fit quite as well either due to this. Only found this out when I bought an early blue cab and was comparing it, one day, to the cabs on my other majors, left them on though. Both style of wheel available on the yellow major, early one's had ddn style, later one's ford style.

Have a look in the David Pullen book and compare them, if available. :)

I would like to be able to build a super 6 but I am unsure how to make a good job of stretching the body .I have a donor to make a 654 though.

The E27n in the back ground has got a muledozer fitted,I got the idea from the book of Ford tractor conversions.It was a fiddle but worth it ,the blade goes up and down like a real one working from the side mounted steering wheel.

post-164-132638569268_thumb.jpg

I would like to be able to build a super 6 but I am unsure how to make a good job of stretching the body .I have a donor to make a 654 though.

Thats the tricky bit, I reckon, keeping it in one solid piece after stretching it.

The E27n in the back ground has got a muledozer fitted,I got the idea from the book of Ford tractor conversions.It was a fiddle but worth it ,the blade goes up and down like a real one working from the side mounted steering wheel.

Rotopeds next? as per pictures in vintage tractor special 14

Rotapeds would be nice but I wouldn't know how to start ! :)

On stretching the body of a 5000,I have done it in the past and made it strong but its adding the correct detail which is the hard part.

Any ideas ?

I cheated and bought a DBP 1124, very nice model, but not cheap!  :)

As regards details I'm not the best person to ask as I've yet to do a conversion, aside from changing tyres on a 20 series JD from the current range.

What do you mean, exactly, by "adding the correct detail"? ???

I meant adding the engine details like on the originals.

I did a couple of stretched 5000s before but I just etched in some detail but it wasn't really accurate enough in my opinion. :-\

I am at a stage where I need to maybe start casting some parts of my own but I haven't got a clue where to start. :-[

From seeing the conversions you have already done I don't think you will have any problems at all, you are more than halfway there! :)

I can only think of obvious things like original literature/parts books and lots of photographs of good unrestored/unmolested examples to work from. If you are intending to build more than one then the first is your pattern, but you already know this. Like I said obvious and probably not much help, sorry :-\.As regards casting, you could contact one or more of the FTF members who do this and/or obtain farm & site models magazine issue 5. Makes it look easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope this is some help.

Hi Steve you have some cracking Britains models in your collection

its nice to see the older stuff I dont have much of it

Thanks for that ,I love the old stuff but I enjoy working on the newer stuff sometimes.I received another Fordson today,yet another ebay purchase.

I can't stop buying them !

From seeing the conversions you have already done I don't think you will have any problems at all, you are more than halfway there! :)

I can only think of obvious things like original literature/parts books and lots of photographs of good unrestored/unmolested examples to work from. If you are intending to build more than one then the first is your pattern, but you already know this. Like I said obvious and probably not much help, sorry :-\.As regards casting, you could contact one or more of the FTF members who do this and/or obtain farm & site models magazine issue 5. Makes it look easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope this is some help.

Thanks super6,I have got that edition of farma nd site,I must dig it out.