Mtx 175 in to JD7810

For the difference in price I would vouch for the casting myself. Spend money to make money. ;)

Those prices were jsut rough guesses.. i still have to find casting materials.... they might cost alot if they have to come form oversaeas...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keeping a keen eye on this one now , c'mon kiwi you know you can do it  :) :) :)

got anypics of that 74 ertl ol ?

By the time the picture made it through the bloody rigmaroll of my posting system it would be 2 weeks knowing me so i'll just get my a into g and post the tractor north. ::)

;DThe  7410 arrived today.....I sum how sliped and the dremel cut in to it  ::) ::) still dont kno how tho :-X  Any way i now have 2 cab options.... what do you think? The first one is the plastic one with both cab and bonnet, the second one is plastic bonnet and mtx cab. which one?

DSCF0537.jpg

DSCF0538.jpg

like the second better for detail, just one thing wrong, the front axle is too far forward, dosnt look right, jd's are quite short wheel based (7810 range) geting there thoe ;) keep going, you know it will be right in the end

Idont think im going totry and alter the axle... The cab has been 2 much of a *****... atm its looking likea one off...

;DThe  7410 arrived today.....I sum how sliped and the dremel cut in to it  ::) ::) still dont kno how tho :-X  Any way i now have 2 cab options.... what do you think? The first one is the plastic one with both cab and bonnet, the second one is plastic bonnet and mtx cab. which one?

DSCF0537.jpg

DSCF0538.jpg

the first cab it has to be mate , the second still looks wrong  :)

kind of stuck between both at the mo, have you considered the ertl cab top, on the uh cab base????? remove the mtx cab top basicly, may be a better blend of both then????sure you could add green curves if needed to the rear corners of the uh cab

kind of stuck between both at the mo, have you considered the ertl cab top, on the uh cab base????? remove the mtx cab top basicly, may be a better blend of both then????sure you could add green curves if needed to the rear corners of the uh cab

no sean it's the cab thats the bit thats wrong , the roof is ok.

well having seen this pic in grahams posts, a lovley side on shot, i would plumb for the mtx cab, but straighten up the front uprights maybe , and maybe trim the rear screen slightly smaller,with the ertl cab top, the mtx shell has the potential, with a small ammount of work i recon, and you get the door handels ect to boot all pre made, stick with it mate, as i recon you aint that far of a cracker

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=13951.msg236322#msg236322

Who makes a 7410?

Are they still available?

EDIT

Have looked around on here and found out that  Ertl make a JD 7410.

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=13794.msg236339#new

I am a numty..........I already knew Ertl made a 7810 as i asked for pictures earlier, then questioned if Ertl made a 7810!!

Do i get negative numpty point for owning up?

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=13794.msg236339#new

I am a numty..........I already knew Ertl made a 7810 as i asked for pictures earlier, then questioned if Ertl made a 7810!!

Do i get negative numpty point for owning up?

No i think you should get 2 numpty's one for saying ertl made a 7810 when you meant a 7410 and another one for trying to riggle out of 1 again will you never learn running makes you look guilty  ;)