Mtx 175 in to JD7810

No i think you should get 2 numpty's one for saying ertl made a 7810 when you meant a 7410 and another one for trying to riggle out of 1 again will you never learn running makes you look guilty  ;)

He he he he, must stop typing quickly, and start reading slower!!!!!!

I will now go and sit in a dark room and think about what i have done!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest.....How do the MTX175 and 7410 compare scalewise?? Wheelbase, cab height etc??

Ummmmm  ::) ::) I couldnt tell you now sorry FP the 7410..... well you cant tellit was one now... there is just a pile of green plastic bits on my desk now and a little bit of black there.... i think they were fairly close...

that looks pretty close nick, good job. can i order one?   :D Im gonna try and get my 1st version of a buckrake done this weekend

Ifi can get this little bugger sorted... Yea you can... I dont think im going to end up super happy with it tho... its not lookingas it does in my head

I think scale wise it looks good and while not exactly like a 7810 i think for the money it will be the way to get a 32 scale 7810 in the collection ;) ;) ;) ;)

I will consider selling it as a kit for members that want to have a go them selves ;) ;)

post-96-132638571998_thumb.jpg

ah i see what he meant now when he sai the dremmel slipped , but then why not just ask bill if ertl can make a diecast version of it  :)

Its not a current production tractor and its too new to be a classic so we are s#it out of luck for atleat 5 years when they might consider it a classic....

We could do a partition....... Im sure if we got enough votes/singnitures for a 7810ertl/rc2 would have to look at doingone wouldnt they??

I think scale wise it looks good and while not exactly like a 7810 i think for the money it will be the way to get a 32 scale 7810 in the collection ;) ;) ;) ;)

I will consider selling it as a kit for members that want to have a go them selves ;) ;)

I was going for the look of a 7810 not the exact replica... But i am happy that i have had the push to get it looking as it should... I do like the look of yours pual but i recon that forit to look super you need to shave a few mm of the cab top... Just to the frame looks good i recon...

It's all plastic Marcus, poor detail, but surely you could use the frame of the cab off of the 7410? I know it's got crap blacked out glass, but you could cast the frame surely?

There is no frame realy.. its a 2 pice casting... you have to cuut all the windows out the guard off... i am going to have a crack at scratch building a cabin frameas i didnt cut my plastic one properly and its not even close 2 square now...

The only real way to get the cab perfect is to alter the mtx one alot ( bout 2 hrs work alone) ofr to scratch build one.... thats if you want a perfict 7810... If you want a replica just get a new bonet and a lick of paint on 2 a mtx...Thats my oppion on it now...

it would be a shme to go this far, and not try the mtx cab option first mate, doesnt need that much work does it???

Not overly that much now... Ive shaved the roof and reshaped the pillars...I just need a front window or 2 to finish ( ive broken one trying to straighten it already) If any one can help it would be super and would get this finshed off

the uh glass is hard/brittel, try making your own out of some fine clear plasti card,any good model shop should have some in, and use normal model glue to stick it in place, that way you wont get glue fogg like superglue can cause on that stuff

the uh glass is hard/brittel, try making your own out of some fine clear plasti card,any good model shop should have some in, and use normal model glue to stick it in place, that way you wont get glue fogg like superglue can cause on that stuff

Doesnt that fog the window up good and proper or is that the old suff? imsure the revell stuf i have  melts clear

doesnt on mine, super glue does thats for sure, i use that revel presision stuff,with the long metal pipe to put it on with, it will only mark it if you get it on areas you dont want it to, then it melts into the surface and you wont get it off, hence the small aplicator, glue goes where you want it,in the corners, just be aware it takes a while to go off though,so try to leave it somewhere safe for a while, and weighted down from the insdie to if possible, to stop it lifting away if theres a curve in there