Anybody else collect Britain's Lorrys?

1972farming

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a bargain ,?31.00 from Australia.

There are various cab styles,the oldest have a square cab ,then there is another rounded cab with a side door and this one is the final version bases on a Bedford I think.I may be wrong though,please correct me if I am . :);)

I just bought this off ebay,I now have 5 of the old britains lorries and they go well with the old tractos etc.

Anyone else have any ? :-\

I've got a few of these in various guises, not this cab though. That's the last version, of cab, not made for very long, I think. Earlier version did not have split screen, similar cab style. First version looked like a lorry from its era, 1930's.Square nose/bonnet.

First version (pre war) came with 4; 6 and 10 wheels with the wheels and tyres made of metal (one piece). This version also came with rubber tyres in the same configuration.

Second cab style with same tyre combinations. I've not seen a 10 wheeler yet!

Last version only issued as 4 wheeler, I believe.

Early floats had a wooden floor, so the trailer is derived from this. Latter versions had plastic wheel inserts :)

I think it was a bargain ,?31.00 from Australia.

There are various cab styles,the oldest have a square cab ,then there is another rounded cab with a side door and this one is the final version bases on a Bedford I think.I may be wrong though,please correct me if I am . :);)

At ?31 that certainly was a bargain.

Finally my clockwork trailer with 4 wheeled army lorry.

No pictures 1972, or is this a trick? ;D

Didn't see the ambulance, under what subject matter on ebay?

As regards the info, your welcome, although I do waffle on a bit, doing it now ::)

I had a look in my book and I can't see an entry for that particular body. Just the square one and the one with an opening door. The 10 wheel version is the same as the 6 just with doubled up wheels at the back.

The one you have Steve shows as being a rare colour version and possibly a prototype, which leads me to believe that this type was just used for the army.  ???:-\

I had a look in my book and I can't see an entry for that particular body. Just the square one and the one with an opening door. The 10 wheel version is the same as the 6 just with doubled up wheels at the back.

The one you have Steve shows as being a rare colour version and possibly a prototype, which leads me to believe that this type was just used for the army.  ???:-\

Thanks for that TBF,it would be nice to think that I have something rare.

I have now straightened the axles and gave it a good clean and it looks better.

There's a picture in the '58/'59 catalogue in the farm series,  59F four-wheeled lorry with driver. :)

What book are you looking in TBF?