Anybody else collect Britain's Lorrys?

1972farming

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The driver is separate and metal. Are there different versions off it??

First versions has a driver with a peaked cap, same as the military driver. Does yours have a beret on his head, that being the second version, unless I am mistaken.

• 5 months later...

A fair absence of new additions to the lorry collection until a few weeks ago.

The clockwork lorry with key is a great original example. Royal mail lorry is original but has been touched up in places.  :)

post-2-132639328729_thumb.jpg

post-2-13263932874_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I collect most things Britains, but have none of these. They look fantastic! I think that even a 'played with' example would display well, as they have that 'old toy' ambiance to them. All of my Britains lorries are of the modern variety. Great thread, thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Apologies for the year delay in updating this. Several more now to add. I am going to create a collection topic on the forum for them for easier viewing.

Is the thread going to be for all Britains old vehicles except tractors & implements? With that ***le, it could include the rare and interesting, but not farm, police car, army vehicles, motor bikes, etc. To keep it easier to find stuff, I'd suggest a date line of up to about 1961 or '62. Perhaps with another thread(s) for later stuff, datelines for each if more than one.

Perhaps the figures section would be the best place for vintage horse drawn vehicles, say one thread for Britains and one for 'the others'.