Collection sizes?

schw84

I finally got round to taking pictures of all my models over the weekend and creating a database so i can start to think about insuring them all, after counting up i have 254 Boxed models ranging through britains, siku UH and conversions just wondered how many is too many??? im finding it hard to think what i dont want in my collection its just i have no more room. ps does anyone want to do a pricing scheme so that i can say to the insurers that its been done by some people other than myself, hence i propose the new topic of prices for models as this would help us as we all come to insure them??? any suggestions

Andy

On insurance I know some house contents insurance policies cover " valuables " up to ? 6,000 at no extra cost on the premium. Well at least that's what I was told by Norwich Union direct. The only problem about insurance is you never really know how good the company is until you have to claim and no-one want's that.

Bill

Be sure to check with your insurer.

I figured that the dollar amount for collections or vauables was fine for my models until we realised that there would be nothing left in that amount for Mrs TOG's crystal and our small art collection not to mention her die-cast cars.

Make sure the amount covers the collections of everyone in the house :)

i dont want to take pics of all my collection....theres to much :D :D....i did list the ones i got from my parents house when i put them in new boxes, since then its kinda doubled and then some!!.....i know mine is covered under the house insurance :-\

i have started taking pics of the boxed stuff, and thats about 150 pics, and my other half has made a super dooper spread sheet which has all the info on, like limited edition numbers and cost at time of purchase ect, and to be honest i have run out of time to get it all on there, and that is with out the 3 boxes(old navy packing cases ) of unboxed stuff, which is the older stuff, i can only go buy bought price,and last ebay price for the sheet, and hope if the worst happens the insurance pay up,have acopy of the disk here and one at my old dears