My working week

Pingu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics mate......Like the older Renault...... :)

Does she have the doors that open toward the engine?  :) :) ;)

All those with that cab have that feature Mart ;)

Those older Renaults were quite a good beast but reflected in second hand values :-[

Well all day was spent disking down game cover theres a far amount about our place so i was very busy especialy as all had to be disked 4 times to get right seedbed with the ground being so hard :'(

post-132-132638586639_thumb.jpg

Nice to see the old JCB's.

We had one exactally the same as that but in slightly better condition ha ha!

It required a certain degree of skill and bravery to drive it, to keep her going straight you had to constantly move the steerling wheel left to right and my favourite bit was the brakes, one you used them you had to go in the opposite direction to release them.

Was never a dull moment in that thing.

cheers

Noel

i used work with a cowboy builder when i was about 16, and he used send me off in one of them now and again to bring it onto some ol funny job that he always managed to find. like u said the breaks and steering was cat. his yard is on top of a steep hill with loads of blind bends along a narrow road, going down there was a mission i can tell you, used have to have one arm on the wheel and the other stretched back to 1 of the jacks(was very hard to reach for a small fella  ;D ) cos they canted as the make shift breaks if you met something, only problem was i could only manage to get one down at a time so when i contacted the road the whole jcb would lunge straight towards the hitch  ;D ;D no wonder the roads at home are crap

Watch your fingers in that Rhino topper Phil, I lost the top of my right nose picking finger in the clevice where you alter the cutting hieght on one of them bu66ers. Hurt too!!! Is that old JCB the one at Lackham?

Watch your fingers in that Rhino topper Phil, I lost the top of my right nose picking finger in the clevice where you alter the cutting hieght on one of them bu66ers. Hurt too!!! Is that old JCB the one at Lackham?

Nah this is one at work but one at lackham is still going strong  :D :D

Cheers Phil - looks like she is going to end her days there too :(

Yup i would imagine so she hasnt started for a few years now just rusting away really :'(

• 1 month later...

Asked bloke at work and aparently she still fires up first time the old jcb good old british engineering ;)

Heres what been doing today and will be doing tomo topping with Renault 735RZ and 4.8m Bomford

post-132-132638604596_thumb.jpg

post-132-1326386046_thumb.jpg