massey ferguson 699

been out in the shed today starting the first 390t off, and have also been tinkering with this number at the same time, based on a britains bm chassis with jd4020 rear tyres on britains hubs, and joal front axel and wheels,body pannels cast by myself from a ros model, and bonnet is a widened 595 one and lengthend from one of my 600 series bonnets i cast

prob is i aint to sure on the wheels at present, i had her on smaller rears and fronts at first which looked ok, but following disscussion with my wheel man(marcus) i have poped her on these for the mo,

can you guys given me an honest opinion to how she looks please :D :D :D

699a.jpg

699c.jpg

699b.jpg

699d.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it... I'm in love again... looks good to me Sean... what are those wheels from mate if you don;t mind me asking  ???

:-*:-* :-*

front wheels are all joal ?? and axel, rears are britains 4020 tyres on renualt 145 hubs mate, the britains tyres looked to big compaired to these ones

looks a very promising tractor sean , but i do agree with the wheels , not keem on the ertl style tread pattern , looks cheap ,which is fine if you want her running on stomills.  i personaly think the lady deserves better , deutz K110, MF 5455, maybe even 6290 ?

699 was the tractor of the day , worth kitting her out properly mate  :)

6290s are a bit to big mate did try those beside it, they wont clear the archs, might have to purchase a 54 to scrap i think, have a few bits and bobs arround so will double check first of just to be sure but i am pretty sure both sets i had got cut up

what i will do is get a pic of her beside the 690 and 698t so you can get a better comparison, as that is what i have worked to so far, as they are all i really want layout wise anyway

right here we go, first up all 3 together 699 on left, then 698t then 690 shes deff slightly higer than the others which from memory was about right

trio1.jpg

second from sides all are alingned at rear on mudguards 699 at back then 690 then 690, shes also deff longer than the others as a 6 cylinder should be

trio2.jpg

next beside the 698t

trio3.jpg

last beside the 690

trio4.jpg

my biggest concern is they werent really that much bigger than a 698t other than length and tyre size from memory having driven both on a regular occasions on the farm hauling grain with them, hence my dilema,if i go for to big a wheels then would they look wrong as a set ?????? 

Well I reckon you have the sizing "spot on" Sean... I'll hunt through my brochures tonight to see if I have a pic of them all together... but somehow I doubt it really  :-\

I have a 5455 you can have the wheels off Sean... PM me the removal methind and I will send them to you mate... Like Marcus said... would'nt the 699 have run bigger wheels anyway mate  ???

haveing looked at the pic of them together sean , it doesn't look bad at all , i'm just not keen on the tyres , maybe the britains tyres wouldn't be too big me thinking ?after  all a 2680 had the same wheel sizes as the 699 anyway :)

Around these parts the 4 cylinders generally had 14x34 rear wheels and the 6 cylinders had 14x38 rears.

The Siku 5455, ERTL 3050 and Britains 2680 are all in-or-about the right size for the 699. I think the 5455 centres are the most realistic for a Massey.

But more to the point!

Another cracking convo there Sean!  8)

Around these parts the 4 cylinders generally had 14x34 rear wheels and the 6 cylinders had 14x38 rears.

The Siku 5455, ERTL 3050 and Britains 2680 are all in-or-about the right size for the 699. I think the 5455 centres are the most realistic for a Massey.

But more to the point!

Another cracking convo there Sean!   8)

But Stan...it's a Massey :o :o :o Have you gone over to the dark side?? :D :D :D

Nice looking conversion there Sean, I think the wheels look about right :) Using the Photobucket account to post up bigger clearer images is a major improvement too ;) ;)

But more to the point!

Another cracking convo there Sean!  8)

there you go sean , me & marky both said  we did we did , didn't i say , didn't i say  ;)