classic deeres in stackyard

sparrow legs

Mike... pardon my ignorance... but what is a "stackyard" ... it's not an expression I have heard before... can you define it.. I wonder if it's a local expression... or one specific to some type of farming that I have not familiar with  ???:-\

"stackyard" is mainly part of the farmyard but more or less where you

store the bales in dutch barns or bale sheds i.e stack bales in there

then you have stock housing ,husbandry holds (where you vaccinate or treat animals  then dairy unit etc .etc 

well thats how I interperate it  :-\ :'(

Mike... pardon my ignorance... but what is a "stackyard" ... it's not an expression I have heard before... can you define it.. I wonder if it's a local expression... or one specific to some type of farming that I have not familiar with  ???:-\

as nigel says its the main yard were things are stored etc, i thought all farmers reffered to their yards as stack yards :-\  thats what we call them in yorkshire ;D   yard is were you park things and stackyard has buildings