Britains silage trailer as shown on Forage harvester box

$am

Hi, new to this forum.

Have been recently selling some of my old Britians on ebay and found out about this site.

Looking at my old toys I was reminded of something that bothered me for many years and something that someone may be able to answer for me; on the old Britains forage harvester box there was a picture of a mf135 and a ford 6600 on the back and on the inner tray a picture of a 135 pulling the harvester and another picture of a 5000(?) pulling the harvester with a two axle silage trailer attached.

My query is was this silage trailer ever actually made by Britains?

Perhaps someone can shed light on this for me after all these years of wondering.

Sam

%7Boption%7D

not sure this has worked -

You can see the trailer on the inner card being pulled by the 5000.

I have two models of this harvester. I have one from childhood days and one I bought inadvertantly through mail order recently. Both are straw boxes but I recall the back or the bottom of the boxes are different so I suspect issued in different years. I will check them at the weekend and get back.

I have two models of this harvester. I have one from childhood days and one I bought inadvertantly through mail order recently. Both are straw boxes but I recall the back or the bottom of the boxes are different so I suspect issued in different years. I will check them at the weekend and get back.

I knew there was something different and odd about the boxes on the two models I have.

On the back of the one I purchased more recently it said for use with Britains high sided trailer No 9566 which looks ok since it is the Class silage trailer. On the older model however it says for use with Britain's trailer No 9550 which is a small two wheeled bogie with low sides which would not have been much much for pulling behind a silage harvester in real lfe. I think this older trailer with hay racks would have been more suited behind a Fordson E27 and used from collecting "stooks" !!!!

looking at the pic in the box of your trailer it looks like its the

rear wheel of the harvester not a front bogie

Yes I agree it looks that way looking at the picture but it is actually the front wheel of a 4 wheeled trailer.